Anyone ever rooted cutting in water?

• Thread starter Slim0317
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slim0317

Yes you can root in water, no you can’t grow in that bale of pro-mix.
Strange since my plants seem healthier and have shown the most aggressive growth since moving them from the happy frog. Maybe it's just an optical illusion. Light rays refracted off of Venus and stuff.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Trimming yesterday I took two "Fan" or water leaves & put them in ro water. SS What to do?

E

Edinburg

Yes but on my house plants, after you take your cutting wrap the roots in a paper towel add a bit of botanacare or whatever grow juice you use in a bowl of water, in a few days it will start growing roots.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Yes…a jar in the windowsill was my cloner throughout the 90’s. Takes longer and they can be a bit touchy getting them settled in media, but def works.

E

elusiveshame

Trimming yesterday I took two "Fan" or water leaves & put them in ro water. SS What to do?
A fan leaf won’t clone. You need a top so it can grow new foliage, and I believe you want to remove everything below the top node (so keep the flower + top fan leaves and remove the rest).

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yes
Just straight water it’s slow though.

Not efficient

Best to use a phd solution with rooting hormone / gel or aerocloner

People do root in water with varying degrees of success (also plenty of failed cuttings too) I use an aerocloner with the rooting gel and a solution called "clear-rez" that adds a touch of chlorine to the water to keep it healthy ... as an added touch I put a 1/2 teaspoon of nutrient salts in the reservoir as well. Mine is a 16 clone unit and during holiday season, you might find one for a bit over $100. I have near 100% success with my cuttings. This is my results after 12 days in the cloner:

Clone with roots

S

Slim0317

People do root in water with varying degrees of success (also plenty of failed cuttings too) I use an aerocloner with the rooting gel and a solution called "clear-rez" that adds a touch of chlorine to the water to keep it healthy ... as an added touch I put a 1/2 teaspoon of nutrient salts in the reservoir as well. Mine is a 16 clone unit and during holiday season, you might find one for a bit over $100. I have near 100% success with my cuttings. This is my results after 12 days in the cloner:

View attachment 1307179
My success rate with rockwool and clonex was near 100%. Once I got the clonex. In had root hormone powder, but I think only one of those ever took. I have rooted many other plants in a glass of water so I figured weed would too.

Top Bottom