Anyone ever run a sealed greenhouse?

• Thread starter jimbobthe3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimbobthe3rd

Hi there guys, i'm not a real outdoor grower, but would definately love to look into it in the future. For now i love the security of my indoor grows.

I was just wondering, has anyone ventured to try a glass sealed greenhouse? For containment of smell, and perhaps use of a minisplit + co2 + supplemental lighting(theoretically you could do crops year round with sufficient extra lighting to adjust your daytime sunlight hours)? Or even a greenhouse with intake+exhaust using a scrubber?

Does this theory sound good at all? I'd love to build a sealed greenhouse to utilize the suns rays, and have good security measures!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

LBH

LBH

Sounds like the best of both worlds and I'm sure it CAN be done but has it? With all the people growing nowadays and the creativity of some of these folks, I'm sure someone has seen or done something like this,...anyone? Cool idea.

J

jimbobthe3rd

Yea definately, i'd love to hear from someone who has done it, just incase there is an issue or two to watchout for in this particular venture :). Will be a great experiment for me when the time comes! Your input always apprecaited LBH :).

S

smashed1

ive never seen one but acouple years ago i read a bloke got busted growing in a glass house and the pictures look mad they were twice as big as the cops and they had open flaps all around the sides so u want be masking the smell much but it defernetly worked for that unlucky bloke

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

^^^^ was just thinking of the foreverflower greenhouses. I have to say i am wishing to do the same too with those units. Also beware the poly side panels dont last for ever and check the year it is good for. Your going to need a few cases of cocking to seal everywhere the panels seem is.

C

Clubber Lang

GH's get very high humidity, esp. at night. Commercial set ups use heat to battle humidity and often large hydro house will be heating and venting at the same time in order to get the RH in control without letting the temps get to high. Nighttime RH in a regular GH without enviro controls can reach 85%.

Also a sealed GH temp could get wicked hot during the day. That being said, on a small sacle I see no reason why you couldn't do it with an AC and a dehumidifier. Gh growing is where its at, really the best of both worlds. Good luck. CL

C

CanadianClassic

The glass will reflect sunlight up into the air possibly alerting pigs in helicopters lol

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Yes it can be done and has been done. Had a really nice one at school. Supplemental lighting, CEA, Sealed w c02 ac the works. Very nice and clean. No cannabis plants inside :(/ Did not have a light dep setup.

Top Bottom