Anyone ever seen this?

• Thread starter Surfandgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

The white hairs shriveled up and turned brown on all of my plants. * days later they have made a almost full recovery but Ive never seen anything like this before.
Photobd

S

ssteely71

When you say full recovery do you mean it's growing out new white pistils?

Some things can cause hairs to turn brown.

Maturity.
Pollination.
Nute burn.
Light burn
High temps

Those are the ones I've seen. Best of luck.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

No males as far as I know. Whole room got shocked from nutes somehow. I started feeding with some hormones maybe that's what happened. When I say recovery I mean the white hairs are growing back the leaf curl is going away and the leaves are becoming dark green again. I've been feeding the same thing/way for 5 years and no problems.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Did you follow the dosage instructions on the hormones? What did you feed them in combination with?

What about that new fertilizer regiment you were talking about a few weeks ago? Did you start that yet?

It looks like some kind of nute burn to me though bro. Glad to hear they seem to have snapped out of it.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@OGONLY this happened a few days after I started feeding the hormones. I feed them at the recommended dosage. It was the vitamin hormone pack from MBFERTS. Im not sure thats what did it though. I think it was nutrient burn. Im at the end of a few of my bottles and there was some salt build up in the bottom of one of them. Maybe I just burned everything. Im only using the Jacks on 2 plants to see if there is a difference. I went out and got Caps bennies and some sea green and everything is looking much better. Too bad I lost a week of growth. Just started foliar feeding for the first time in my life. Hope it snaps everything back to normal.

Natural

Natural

I'm with rvd on this one bro. Only time I've ever seen this was with a late foliar of GreenCure, before I knew what PM was. The hairs it didn't roast, turned red. I never spray past 4 weeks or so..and mostly just epsom if the plant needs it. What ya spraying and what's the ph of it?

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

I don't spray anything. I just sprayed yesterday for the first time with sea green to help them out with the stress they went through. First time ever spraying in five years. This calamity happened about 10 days ago.

Natural

Natural

i thought that might be the case...strange type of burn I've never seen. hard to tell from pix..but is the bud burned or just the hairs missing?
I've seen grasshoppers eat hairs completely off. have you flushed?

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

I have flushed twice and cleaned the reservoir twice. Everything is looking better except for two stubborn plants and they look messed up but they are getting better not worse. The buds look fine and so do the leaves. Just the hairs have wilted.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Get a microscope and look for broad mites. They arent like normal mites that eat leaves. These mites eat pistils and nugs and are not visible to the naked eye like normal mites. It doesnt look like broad mites to me tho, but better safe than sorry. They probably were just stressed and thats how they manifested it.

deacon1503

deacon1503

The liquid vitamin/hormone pack? I used it 7.5 ml/g and it hardly raised my EC at all although it does have a decent amount of suspended particles. Hope everything corrects itself for you.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

yeah that one. I bought the concentrate and it says to use at 1.87 ml per gallon. I used it for about 4 days before I got burn on all my plants. Ill try using it again next round when Im using all jacks. @deacon1503 do you use it in veg and flower or one or the other? How often are you using it?

deacon1503

deacon1503

yeah that one. I bought the concentrate and it says to use at 1.87 ml per gallon. I used it for about 4 days before I got burn on all my plants. Ill try using it again next round when Im using all jacks. @deacon1503 do you use it in veg and flower or one or the other? How often are you using it?

Hmm well I only grabbed a 1 liter sample and ran it in alternating rezzies opposite Fire and Prime. I did hear the larger sizes were a concentrated version that might be the issue here. Going from 7.5 down to under 2 ml/gal is quite the concentration increase. Is yours almost a bright yellow with small white particulates in it?

Trich king

Trich king

Calibrate your pen, most common cause of early pistil change is nute burn. When I try new nutes I always start @ 1/2 strength if not less till I see how they react. Just cause it doesnt register on your ec/tds dont mean it cant cause big problems!

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@deacon1503 yes it is yellow. Bright yellow. I just got a ec meter. using it every time I mix nutes now.

Top Bottom