Anyone Ever Used Gnatrol In Dwc?

• Thread starter Tomcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tomcat

Tomcat

I was recommended to use this product by my hydro store for root aphids. Used 2 tbs per gallon. 24 hrs later my roots are covered in creamy colored slime....Is this normal? I rinsed the roots and mixed a fresh batch of nutes without gnatrol to try to clean those roots off more. Just didnt know if that slime was normal. Wish I had taken pics but I panicked. Lol

ken dog

ken dog

In my limited experience, it is important to use RO water when using Gnatral.

It has completely eradicated fungus gnats in my soilless plants that I keep my mother's and long-term veg plants in.

It has a limited shelf life, so it is important to get fresh batches.

Pretty sure it is specific to fungus gnats... I don't know if it works with the root aphids.

Tomcat

Tomcat

In my limited experience, it is important to use RO water when using Gnatral.

It has completely eradicated fungus gnats in my soilless plants that I keep my mother's and long-term veg plants in.

It has a limited shelf life, so it is important to get fresh batches.

Pretty sure it is specific to fungus gnats... I don't know if it works with the root aphids.
Did it ever cover your roots with a slimy film?

ken dog

ken dog

I was in a soilless medium (promix and perlite), so I could not tell.
I mixed 5 grams with one gallon of RO water.
Sorry I cannot be of more help... Maybe someone else will chime in.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

i mixed gnatrol into my resevoir once or twice and the next day there was a creamy colored goopy residue like you described, so, ime, it would make sense that you'd see this in your system.

And, for the record, bti (active ingredient in gnatrol) isn't effective on root aphids.

Tomcat

Tomcat

i mixed gnatrol into my resevoir once or twice and the next day there was a creamy colored goopy residue like you described, so, ime, it would make sense that you'd see this in your system.

And, for the record, bti (active ingredient in gnatrol) isn't effective on root aphids.
Thank you. I guess it was gnat larva, because when I rinsed it off, they were all gone.

ken dog

ken dog

You must reapply within 3 to 5 days... At least two more times to stop the life cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom