Anyone Experience Autoflowering In "future"?

• Thread starter smokeyla1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokeyla1

Germed my pack of future about 6-7 weeks ago and my veg system is drip fed in coco with floranova @.8 EC. Tonight when I checked up on them I noticed 2 were loaded with balls and dropping pollen. This is not only something I never really experienced in veg (24/0 lighting), but this early in veg. I've had some mothers after a few months start autoflowering from being rootbound but that usually takes at least 4-5 months and not uppotting or root trimming and also is maybe a calyx or two with hairs, where as this is 10 pollen sacs per node and dropping pollen. Wondering if GG#4 or the starfighter is prone to autoflowering. Started these alongside about 35 other seeds and its only 2 that are doing it.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I had this happen to me too, different breeder. Serious seeds ak47, had one male and one female auto flower in veg.

S

smokeyla1

I had this happen to me too, different breeder. Serious seeds ak47, had one male and one female auto flower in veg.

Funny because the only 2 times I've ever had a plant autoflower was from serious AK47 and Spice of Life's Sweettooth#3 back in '06-'07. Actually ran Sweettooth#3 F2's this past year and 2/4 autoflowered on me, although it always seems triggered by being rootbound.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Interesting, I do up-pot a lot, so my plants find themselves growing into, and shortly thereafter, out of small pots throughout their life and do get close to root bound in different stages. I wonder if that is an influence. That would be awfully similar to how peppers react, throwing out blossoms if they get root bound...

Good insight!

S

smokeyla1

Is there a way to pm on this site? When I click on his profile the only thing I see is "start a conversation"

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
that is the PM, just make sure you only choose participants you want to see your message @smokeyla1 so choose Ex and he will be the only one that gets the message:D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting, I do up-pot a lot, so my plants find themselves growing into, and shortly thereafter, out of small pots throughout their life and do get close to root bound in different stages. I wonder if that is an influence. That would be awfully similar to how peppers react, throwing out blossoms if they get root bound...

Good insight!
I am a firm believer that up potting is a form of stress and the more we up pot then the more stress we are causing. IMHO @mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I am a firm believer that up potting is a form of stress and the more we up pot then the more stress we are causing. IMHO @mrgrowguy

I totally agree to that. Thanks for the heads up.

It does cost me a few weeks extra veg time when I up-pot and prune/top the way I do. But what I pay for in time in the beginning can help me later on. When I up-pot, the roots encompass more of the soil, which is good. I know from my hydro-days that cannabis roots grow a lot during the flower period, but only so vigorously in the first half. Plus, I have cycles flowering as I am doing all of my pre-flower preparations. So, I think it is important to try to time things out as best you can. But don't be mad when plans change, cause they always do :p

I also am very sure to give them at least 10 days of pure veg (no touching! Hands off - it is tough) before flower day 1. I try to set my plants up so that I don't have to touch them any more than moving the occasional fan leaf (I only remove dead matter, I'm one of those guys that leaves the fan leaves on all the way till harvest if the plants will let me) from at least 10 days before flower till the end.

But, I hadn't really put much thought into the stress factor of the up-potting itself. And I am trying something new on a few plants, where I up-pot as soon as the plant shows sex, during flower. Unconventional, I know. And I did know this could cost me in the end a little bit. But I have room for error right now, and I use pretty light nutrient rich mixtures. I am hoping that the extra layer will give a nice boost in weeks two and three of flower. We will see, the first of this attempt is about 4 weeks into flower and doing very well, right now. --- The first of these is actually my Chemdog 91 from seed, the diary is in my sig. My mango Tango is also reacting decently, I am throwing pics up tonight.

Thanks again! I always appreciate advice.

mrgg

Last edited:
DrBudACola

DrBudACola

Germed my pack of future about 6-7 weeks ago and my veg system is drip fed in coco with floranova @.8 EC. Tonight when I checked up on them I noticed 2 were loaded with balls and dropping pollen. This is not only something I never really experienced in veg (24/0 lighting), but this early in veg. I've had some mothers after a few months start autoflowering from being rootbound but that usually takes at least 4-5 months and not uppotting or root trimming and also is maybe a calyx or two with hairs, where as this is 10 pollen sacs per node and dropping pollen. Wondering if GG#4 or the starfighter is prone to autoflowering. Started these alongside about 35 other seeds and its only 2 that are doing it.

Howdy Brother,
I am growing out future as well. The Future starfighter leaner appears to need a good nights sleep. The GG4 leaner does not seem to have the same sleep requirement. I can only relay what I have experienced.
So yes under 24 hour light this can happen to some strains. I have seen it, then when 5 hours sleep was provided they snap out of it.
Best wishes for your "Future"

Dr B

S

smokeyla1

Ended up having a 3rd male throw tons of balls in 24/7, on plus side I have two females just showing the standard preflower, just the nub with 2 hairs coming out. Just strange it was only 3 males out of around 30 seedlings/plants.

Rest threw regular female preflowers and male, I always throw my males into flower room until I can confirm without a doubt they are males

Also I'm finishing up 2 females of Elmer's Glue, for those not familiar its (GG#4 x The white) so it will be interesting to compare to these and hopefully find a GG leaner and a starfighter leaner as well, already have some white genes in my OGR Wifi

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Learning cool skill man love it! I have 1 B.B-OG ad well as a bubba kush .3 were transplanted late and thought they weren't going to make it. BUT☺ nursed them and they are going to survive. They are about the size of .pineapple express autoflowers from Barney seeds. They look great though get some pics tomorrow. Flowerin about 4 or 5 weeks . Now I know why and thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom