Anyone from the Mid West?

• Thread starter JustBecouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustBecouse

Hi i'm pretty new to this and i was woundering if there was anyone somewhat close or in the same area as me to share some of there wisdom to how they grow in the area, outside. I can understand you may have better things to do but I could use a little help.

H

hillbilly

I'm from the midwest..which is why I live on the central coast!!!...at least you have rain there in the summer. I grew some bagseed mexican as a teenager there. great conditions, but not like out here!...next year, I'd start them around newyears indoors, and put them out in april.

J

JustBecouse

I don't like having them around the house.. My Girl is pretty cool about the growing thing but she knows it's going away in a few weeks. But i have thought about doing one or two in the house.. I've grown outside from like you said baggy of seeds and i seem to get pretty good buds everytime but it's nothin speacial to smoke.. this is the first time i ever bought anything. So i guess i'm just gonna have to wing it.

E

Elbows19

Yea its my first outdoor season coming up also, planing on using esbens gear and some UDG genetics

G

grizz

check out M.U.R.D.A. THREAD in basic growing, all midwest peps.

S

SolidGold

I'm in the midwest, Northern Illinois area. Put your plants out the last week of May and you'll be A-Ok. Cornfields are popular spots around these parts, but can be dangerous. I've heard tails of people getting shotguns held to their heads after stumbling on another's patch in a cornfield. Along creek banks are good, but be sure you are in a zero-traffic area. Also, be sure the ground you plant on isn't prone to flooding. If you choose to do your thing in a cornfields, start indoors and put your seedlings out after the 2nd week of June when the final application of chemicals is put down on the corn. Also, remove two stalks of corn for every lady you plant. This will ensure they receive enough light and do not have to compete too strongly with the corn. Wherever you decide to plant, be sure to keep your numbers small and use your surroundings as natural camouflage.

Good luck!

M

midwest_is_midbest

Whatup from da Midwest dood!

I can't say that I have too much wisdom yet, because this is my first year, but I have been doing research since the fall and feel pretty ready. We are known for having some of the most fertile soil in the world, and the sun isn't too bad here either. I've been told that right about now is a good time to start germinating seeds. I'll be doing mine in a day or two. Then they go into coco coir pots with some soil I just bought today. It is the BioBizz 'Light Mix' I believe. The soil came recomended by the local Brewing and Growing supply store here. When they are roughly a foot tall, I'll just put those coco pots straight into the ground. I am going to mix the native soil with the rest of this BioBizz stuff though. I got the coco pots at Menards for about $2 for 6.

Hit me up if you have any questions or want to compare crops.

M.I.M.

Latest posts

Top Bottom