Anyone Got Info On Owner Financing?

• Thread starter Purkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I am in the market to buy some property and was hoping to get some info on owner financing.

Anyone have any experience in this and wish to share?

Thanks everyone!! Smoke on!

T

Thick Smoke

well, i would ask where but ya prolly dont wanna post something like that here.
i would tell you to buy as much land as possible if your in the states. this recesion has really brought it down. about 5-10 years it will prolly be worth double or atleast a 3rd more.
then again if china asked us to pay them back it would be worth nothing.

what exact info are you looking for? i have friends in banking and realestate i could ask them

F

FastForward

I have no idea, but what I do know is that this financial crisis means getting a mortgage/home loan in this market is very hard...no-one wants to lend money because they're worried for their own stability. Plus I'm sure the way it works over here is probably very different to the way it works over there (we probably get more screwed over than you do....ah yes...you can get 30 year mortgages...we do 5 at best....).

In all seriousness, now's a difficult time...

P

ProGroWannabe

Owner financing can be good. Just make damn sure that you and your attorney go over the contract(s) to be sure that you really are getting into what you THINK your getting into....know what I mean? I've bought through owner financing before. It was a good deal for me. I hope your experience is just as good!

S

Stackin Paper

I have no idea, but what I do know is that this financial crisis means getting a mortgage/home loan in this market is very hard...no-one wants to lend money because they're worried for their own stability. Plus I'm sure the way it works over here is probably very different to the way it works over there (we probably get more screwed over than you do....ah yes...you can get 30 year mortgages...we do 5 at best....).

In all seriousness, now's a difficult time...

Yeah FF is kinda right, i got my mortgage about 2yrs ago and it was a 30yr mortgage, fixed and interest only for the 1st 3 years, soon ill have to renew my mortgage and i think there will be troubles that come along with it but as long as you don't have no large debts outstanding they should give you a mortgage no worries.

Its weird cos if i still was in the job i was in a couple of weeks ago it would be much harder to get another mortgage, as soon as i go self employed you can literally make up how much you earn, not that this will be the case cos ill be earning 3x the amount i was before i quit my job, why the fuck didn't i quit years ago is what i ask myself.

And then you see Brown on the news sayin we need to borrow more to boost the economy, what a joker.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Well that gives me some confidence in getting a owner financed place. I guess I need to also find an attorney for real estate and see what that will cost. I figured that I could trust the real estate agent and use my basic knowledge to make sure I dont get screwed. But that is what the attorney is for!

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Well that gives me some confidence in getting a owner financed place. I guess I need to also find an attorney for real estate and see what that will cost. I figured that I could trust the real estate agent and use my basic knowledge to make sure I dont get screwed. But that is what the attorney is for!

Hey bro, a couple of years ago I almost signed a contract to purchase a beautiful rural property (in the Brazilian rainforest!) through owner financing and lucky I had I lawyer to assist me, cuz in the end the owner gave a hard time providing all of the documents the lawyer requested and I had to jump out of the deal, due to lack of trust... and the place looked like paradise! Some things can be very tempting. Better hire a good specialized lawyer and be safe. And never doubt how far people can go to make a buck!

Top Bottom