Anyone Grow Dr.grinspoon?%100 Sativa.any Tricks,tips,etc..

• Thread starter madscrapper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

Well every user on the net on can find who ran this the pics the bud just looks like a normal sativa dom or indica goober . Still have not seeen a real bud shot or user post any of this strain with the pheno with "beads " . If exists in seed form....... I'm game

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well every user on the net on can find who ran this the pics the bud just looks like a normal sativa dom or indica goober . Still have not seeen a real bud shot or user post any of this strain with the pheno with "beads " . If exists in seed form....... I'm game

The pheno you're/we're looking for was suppose to be Barney's. I'm also eager to see some other pics than those from the breeder as I'm starting to believe it was a single plant in the gene pool and it got lost.

B

Burned Haze

I wonder if Barney germinated 100's /1,000's to find that one or was lucky one just a few packs . If I ever go to Amsterdam I def wanna try that one first :)

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

I wonder if Barney germinated 100's /1,000's to find that one or was lucky one just a few packs . If I ever go to Amsterdam I def wanna try that one first :)
The seeds I still have from 2008 are feminized. The two I ran in Colorado in 2011 were as described in the Barney's photos.
" Strings of beads " is accurate. Not a commercial plant and while being potent and very sativa, not outstanding at all against many available sativas today.
In fact, if one really loves old sativas, I suggest trolling various seed sites. There are an astonishing number of fine pure and mixed plants out there just ' a itchin' to be found by the discerning grower/fanatic.
Two which come immediately to mind as bargains are Sugar Haze by Seedsman, at about $20.00 for ten seeds, as well as Kerala sativa from Real Seeds, at about $30.00 or so for ten..bargains compared to all the fussy Cookies and OG crosses so popular now.
I don't think the Grinspoon is even available in seed form anymore. Haven't seen it even listed anymore except as unavailable..
But that doesn't keep me from keeping those seeds in long-terms freeze. Who knows when some particular trait or other could come in handy?

B

Burned Haze

Well I emailed Barney 's email and asked #1 if they were releasing the dr grinspoon seeds in the future ? #2 ?: how hard is to get the bead pheno ( population rate )

Well they answered my first question within 24 hours ! "We will rereleased ending September"

But they wouldn't/didn't reply to my 2nd question about how hard is it to find the true bead pheno's in seed form . Maybe I'll email again :)

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

Well I emailed Barney 's email and asked #1 if they were releasing the dr grinspoon seeds in the future ? #2 ?: how hard is to get the bead pheno ( population rate )

Well they answered my first question within 24 hours ! "We will rereleased ending September"

But they wouldn't/didn't reply to my 2nd question about how hard is it to find the true bead pheno's in seed form . Maybe I'll email again :)
Interesting news from the " folks " at Barneys..
Someone here should get the seeds in the fall, when they will be available, and try to duplicate the bead cut.
I'm going to watch with interest.

B

Burned Haze

^ im def buying 2+ packs right when they release it even though I have way too many seeds to pop in my fridge already lol

420dust

I ran some Nirvana Shortryder 8 or 10 years ago and this Grinspoon pheno showed itself. It looked like twigs with a bead every half inch or so. It was great smoke and I have never seen it again.

Ecompost

Ecompost

The seeds I still have from 2008 are feminized. The two I ran in Colorado in 2011 were as described in the Barney's photos.
" Strings of beads " is accurate. Not a commercial plant and while being potent and very sativa, not outstanding at all against many available sativas today.
In fact, if one really loves old sativas, I suggest trolling various seed sites. There are an astonishing number of fine pure and mixed plants out there just ' a itchin' to be found by the discerning grower/fanatic.
Two which come immediately to mind as bargains are Sugar Haze by Seedsman, at about $20.00 for ten seeds, as well as Kerala sativa from Real Seeds, at about $30.00 or so for ten..bargains compared to all the fussy Cookies and OG crosses so popular now.
I don't think the Grinspoon is even available in seed form anymore. Haven't seen it even listed anymore except as unavailable..
But that doesn't keep me from keeping those seeds in long-terms freeze. Who knows when some particular trait or other could come in handy?
i liked it, but agreed, Kali Mist is still a shit load better, quicker, tastier, potent, lots of product, less hassle. There are many many good sats, we have some here in Spain that are OG Columbian and some good African stock which is now fully .es natrualised and so grows like a beast, with massive amounts of fire to keep your brain ticking without making you look over your shoulder to see if anyone is creeping on ya :-)

Old Detroit

Old Detroit

i liked it, but agreed, Kali Mist is still a shit load better, quicker, tastier, potent, lots of product, less hassle. There are many many good sats, we have some here in Spain that are OG Columbian and some good African stock which is now fully .es natrualised and so grows like a beast, with massive amounts of fire to keep your brain ticking without making you look over your shoulder to see if anyone is creeping on ya :)
You are so right! Aside from a few odd rarietes, strains like Kali are pretty much going to give better results for the average grower in terms of ease of grow, general effect and bag appeal, etc. than messing around with strains that won't please them or their associates at the end of the day.
Spoken like a pro..

Top Bottom