Anyone grown with generators?

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Thinking of using generators, real nice afghan comm ones for a large indoor spot. There would be battery convertor and storage. Just thoughts and experiences would be really cool. Thanks.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

For main house. It stores power and kicks off generator. Noob as well here ha.

waayne

waayne

midwestdensies you might consider buying two generators,one to run and one for backup when you're doing maintenance or repairs on the primary generator,and yes you will be doing regular maintenance if you want to keep them running......

If you're near anyone you'll need really good mufflers or your neighbors are gonna hear it running 12 hours a day

When I used generators I took a backhoe and dug a 10 foot deep hole ,and placed the generator down there
then built a makeshift peaked roof out of 2 x 4's and tin to keep the rain off
I welded/fabricated a six foot by 12" muffler which kept it relatively quiet,even though I was out in the boonies and the nearest neighbor was over four miles away

I also purchased a 1000 gallon steel tank for diesel fuel storage which was a must,considering where this op was located
I used quite a bit of diesel fuel and found running generators was pretty expensive compared to buying electricity
If you live in Cali and think PG&E's rates are high, wait til you start making your own electricity.....it aint cheap

Buy the best quality commercial generators you can afford
you really get what you pay for......

good luck

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

midwestdensies you might consider buying two generators,one to run and one for backup when you're doing maintenance or repairs on the primary generator,and yes you will be doing regular maintenance if you want to keep them running......

If you're near anyone you'll need really good mufflers or your neighbors are gonna hear it running 12 hours a day

When I used generators I took a backhoe and dug a 10 foot deep hole ,and placed the generator down there
then built a makeshift peaked roof out of 2 x 4's and tin to keep the rain off
I welded/fabricated a six foot by 12" muffler which kept it relatively quiet,even though I was out in the boonies and the nearest neighbor was over four miles away

I also purchased a 1000 gallon steel tank for diesel fuel storage which was a must,considering where this op was located
I used quite a bit of diesel fuel and found running generators was pretty expensive compared to buying electricity
If you live in Cali and think PG&E's rates are high, wait til you start making your own electricity.....it aint cheap

Buy the best quality commercial generators you can afford
you really get what you pay for......

good luck
I have two and their well made imported military shit. House is in the redwoods woods gated code. Im curious if i should get into this or not. On 5 acres and fucking prime location.. 25 mins from beach. Will see. But if anyone has any other input. Thanks wayne for the perpetual bomb drops, I highly value your input.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I have two and their well made imported military shit. House is in the redwoods woods gated code. Im curious if i should get into this or not. On 5 acres and fucking prime location.. 25 mins from beach. Will see. But if anyone has any other input. Thanks wayne for the perpetual bomb drops, I highly value your input.
Inless your running a big enough space to make using 3-phase ergonomic hooking into the elctric company is the cheapest way to go, even if you have to pay for them to bring it out to you...goodluck....hope alls well

Olyver

Olyver

We buried two gennys like Wayne, didn't build a structure, used two cargo containers and just buried the gennys in one and the tanks in the other, big ass mufflers welded, the gennys were setup by manufacture to have adjustable output in KVA to supply just enough power and be ineffecient. Seen a few setups that the genny is running full rpm and less than 50% the avialable power is being used.

Top Bottom