Anyone had good results from Living Soil?

• Thread starter KEESKA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KEESKA

KEESKA

Hi all! Has anyone ever used Nature's Living Soil concentrate in their grow? My very first grow was an experiment..nute burn, light burn, overwatering and possibly all of the above. Then I read about Living Soil and how "easy" it was to use "all ya had to do is water and watch it grow".
So started the second cycle in FFOF, amended with Nature's Living Soil concentrate, extra perlite, turned down my 600LEDs to 50% and got a filter for my tap water.
Do I still need to feed the plants something else in addition or should I trust the super soil?

Erfling

Erfling

Hi all! Has anyone ever used Nature's Living Soil concentrate in their grow? My very first grow was an experiment..nute burn, light burn, overwatering and possibly all of the above. Then I read about Living Soil and how "easy" it was to use "all ya had to do is water and watch it grow".
So started the second cycle in FFOF, amended with Nature's Living Soil concentrate, extra perlite, turned down my 600LEDs to 50% and got a filter for my tap water.
Do I still need to feed the plants something else in addition or should I trust the super soil?
I'm currently using Nature's living soil autoflower mix with my first grow. I mixed Happy Frog with 30% perlite. Then I mixed a pound of Nature's with the Happy Frog mix in the first 1/3 of each five gallon grow bag then filled the remainder with my soil mix. I'm finishing week 5 with autoflowers and I'm pleased with my results. I had some problems with 1 plant from a mishap with a humidifier but it's since bounced back. I only added cal-mag once a week starting in week 4 and that's it other than recharge once a week. Feel free to look at my photos, day 42 will be added tomorrow. They are both from the same strain, grown in the same soil but they look and matured completely differently. I may use it again in the future since it worked as advertised.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

If you can find a good living soil locally or make your own it's very good but it's not available in alot of places and there's alot more to understand if you are building soil. I'm yet to find a medium better than Coco for simplicity and quality, sure there's living soil that is better out there but I find Coco a very dependable and easy medium to thrive in

Erfling

Erfling

If you can find a good living soil locally or make your own it's very good but it's not available in alot of places and there's alot more to understand if you are building soil. I'm yet to find a medium better than Coco for simplicity and quality, sure there's living soil that is better out there but I find Coco a very dependable and easy medium to thrive in
Do you build a medium using coco or do you run 100% coco? Three part liquid nutes?

Homesteader

Homesteader

With living soils there is a lot of learning that comes with it. Not overly difficult to grasp but it takes effort. Some choose not to make that effort to learn and follow others instead with somewhat decent results......... but just be careful whose lead you are following.

Northernpop

Northernpop

I'm having great results with [livingsoilsfertiliser.com]. It took a few grows to get used to it, but these are my Smoothies by FastBuds.

IMG 20210222 150727

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I put that in my soil. Ended up terrible cause I got fungus gnats really early in veg. I was able to recover with sticky traps nematodes and perlite in top and bottom. I’m not saying it’s from that but it’s a possibility. Especially since I never had em before after 10 years of bottled nutes and happy frog. Lol

CFC7143

CFC7143

I put that in my soil. Ended up terrible cause I got fungus gnats really early in veg. I was able to recover with sticky traps nematodes and perlite in top and bottom. I’m not saying it’s from that but it’s a possibility. Especially since I never had em before after 10 years of bottled nutes and happy frog. Lol
Yea when Addis f it you definitely have to make sure your room is absolutely pest free. I haven’t seen a single bug of any type in my room what so ever it’s an interior room that is very easy to make sure no pests get In

Bbog47

Bbog47

I have great results in living soil. Fast veg times comparable to my old coco grows. No watering issues due to probiotics. No burnt tips. Never see a yellow leaf until fade. Check out grokashi or anything that contains lactobacillus bacteria. Haven’t had gnat issues ever because the soil has “bt” and other bennies that go to town on pests. Haven’t had a deficiency/weird leaves in years. It’s very forgiving. High yeilding. Never will buy a bottle of nutrients again. No ph. Cost effective better end product. People will call bullsh*t

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have great results in living soil. Fast veg times comparable to my old coco grows. No watering issues due to probiotics. No burnt tips. Never see a yellow leaf until fade. Check out grokashi or anything that contains lactobacillus bacteria. Haven’t had gnat issues ever because the soil has “bt” and other bennies that go to town on pests. Haven’t had a deficiency/weird leaves in years. It’s very forgiving. High yeilding. Never will buy a bottle of nutrients again. No ph. Cost effective better end product. People will call bullsh*t
I see how old this is. Help!! Haha. ✌️

Skunk199

Skunk199

The bigger the pot the better, I would always get deficiencies with 5-7 gallon pots.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
The bigger the pot the better, I would always get deficiencies with 5-7 gallon pots.
I have to get through this but I’ll either go to a 4x4 bed or 30gals for the next run. Maybe a 3x3. Depends on plant count.

I of course have no idea today the headache it’s going to be. Everything is a lesson though. At least I know you got through it in them. I do feel a bit silly. The information was available. I just didn’t find it in time.
Thanks!

Last edited:
pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

I've done mostly outdoor and some indoor in living soil, having spent decades growing vegetables organically. Here is a Royal Kush from earlier this year, grown indoors for a seed run. It was ready, but the plant experienced very little yellowing, as you can see from this pic taken the day before harvest.
PXL 20210823 192545557 1

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

I've done mostly outdoor and some indoor in living soil, having spent decades growing vegetables organically. Here is a Royal Kush from earlier this year, grown indoors for a seed run. It was ready, but the plant experienced very little yellowing, as you can see from this pic taken the day before harvest.View attachment 1193714
7 gallon fabric pot, watered with rainwater, not fed anything, Spider Farmer SF-4000 light.

Top Bottom