Anyone had good results from Living Soil?

• Thread starter KEESKA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I've done mostly outdoor and some indoor in living soil, having spent decades growing vegetables organically. Here is a Royal Kush from earlier this year, grown indoors for a seed run. It was ready, but the plant experienced very little yellowing, as you can see from this pic taken the day before harvest.View attachment 1193714
Thank you. I’ve decided and just ordered 30 gallon rootmaker pots. Just seems if I move or move tent spots it would be easier with the pots. Telling the owner I was gonna put in a bed didn’t get a no, but I could tell it wasn’t popular. Haha.

again, I’m a complete newbie and just liked the idea of it all being a natural process. I just didn’t look far enough. Now I have to take another 5 hour round trip to get more bags 🤣🤣. I always shoot myself in the foot. I was right there and only got 5. I guess I’ll be forced to buy more seeds since I’ll be there.

I had a worm surface, not looking well. It’s only been 3 days, I don’t know what he doesn’t like. I just put on a thin layer of this straw stuff I got at a Hewitts garden shop for mulch (poor planning again). I Noticed the top drying. I don’t know how much so I just guessed.

tired of spending money on things I end up not using.

great pics and any tips you can give are fully needed and appreciated. ✌️

SC69

SC69

Supporter
7 gallon fabric pot, watered with rainwater, not fed anything, Spider Farmer SF-4000 light.
What the soil makers say is by the 3rd, 4th run, you’ve lost the benefit of the soil. You will get through a run or two. Now, this is what the people who make and SELL it say. If you say you’ve been using 7gals and the soil over and over, I’d believe you over them. lol.

Omegamegaman

Omegamegaman

Hi all! Has anyone ever used Nature's Living Soil concentrate in their grow? My very first grow was an experiment..nute burn, light burn, overwatering and possibly all of the above. Then I read about Living Soil and how "easy" it was to use "all ya had to do is water and watch it grow".
So started the second cycle in FFOF, amended with Nature's Living Soil concentrate, extra perlite, turned down my 600LEDs to 50% and got a filter for my tap water.
Do I still need to feed the plants something else in addition or should I trust the super soil?
I grow hydro mostly but for my personal, I use this, it's the best I've ever used and everything comes out right every single time rock solid; specifically made for cannabis. > https://coastofmaine.com/growing-cannabis-with-coast-of-maine-products/

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I grow hydro mostly but for my personal, I use this, it's the best I've ever used and everything comes out right every single time rock solid; specifically made for cannabis. > https://coastofmaine.com/growing-cannabis-with-coast-of-maine-products/
That looks like great stuff too. My problem is I should have researched just a little more. I need a few more bags now and I can get this close. I may use the brand I have in 2 and grab this for 2. I don’t know how smart that is though and should probably take the drive so everything is in the same medium. I still have to figure out how to get to 4 from 7 if I go with the 30gals this run (they’re on the way). I might just try my luck in these.

like the 3gals, they’ll be in there another 3 weeks and out. I don’t believe that soil is dead (they don’t say that either, they say by the 3rd run it’s getting bad and you have to feed like crazy). Even the 7 gals I have coming specifically retain moisture at the sides. They’ll be in there 8 weeks. The soil, if it does dry at the edges, can be brought back fully. I’d be moving it into seven gals anyway, add amendments and let it regenerate while I germ etc.

I don’t know if any of that will happen but I can’t imagine going from 7-4 now when there is nothing wrong with them. I’m also reading it’s going to be a lot once they’re filling out and probably 4-5 (especially for someone who knows nothing) is best. At least I’m still learning.

BDH420

BDH420

I used a living soil outdoors this year. No nutes just compost teas made from our compost pile. I did get a slight N deficiency but it didn't seem to affect things much. But wow the terps on her are amazing this year. She's so stinky your eyes water when the jar opens. My girl never complains about the smell of cannabis she usually loves it. But this is so loud it gives her a headache and stays in the nose for hours. I LOVE IT! Never have i had such stinky cannabis and sticky to boot. the resin is amazing on her.
It's A TexadaTimeWarp. Durban Poison crossed with 2 Pounder.
SinglePheno2small

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I used a living soil outdoors this year. No nutes just compost teas made from our compost pile. I did get a slight N deficiency but it didn't seem to affect things much. But wow the terps on her are amazing this year. She's so stinky your eyes water when the jar opens. My girl never complains about the smell of cannabis she usually loves it. But this is so loud it gives her a headache and stays in the nose for hours. I LOVE IT! Never have i had such stinky cannabis and sticky to boot. the resin is amazing on her.
It's A TexadaTimeWarp. Durban Poison crossed with 2 Pounder.
View attachment 1193878
That is so beautiful. When I try outdoors again I’ll be using it as well. To be compliant I need a fence. I did run a semi gorilla grow (in the middle of back yard for best sun) last summer but that’s it’s own story. I need to wait for the fence. I never thought id be at this point but I want the full benefit of the soil, and for that, it needs a large container. Im going to 30gals. They are ordered and I’m taking the trip for more soil on Tuesday.

In a 5x5 I can only fit 4. The more I’ve learned since dropping seeds it seems the consensus is 4-5 plants is easier to manage and will of course fill it up if done correctly (which will take me a few runs of course). The quandary now is I have healthy girls up there now. I am unable to sacrifice anyone. In the future I’m sure that will be easier as I want the best plant, but right now I can’t imagine it. So, I may have to try to get through in the 7 gals for flower which are also coming. I just don’t know what to do.

Top Bottom