Anyone Harvest Twice Indoors?

• Thread starter Nog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Sometimes the lower buds are not as developed as the top buds, although tieing down or supercropping can help eliminate this to an extent, but you still have some buds that are not as ready as the main one's.

Anyone harvest the main buds and then leave any smaller less developed buds for another 2 weeds or so to ripen further and grow bigger?

Or do you just harvest the whole thing at once, and throw away any undeveloped buds?

Do you think it's economically worth it to spend another 2 weeks of electricity to get those last buds ripened?

Or do you want to get the plants out of the ground when you harvest the main buds so you can start another grow?

Icristal

Icristal

I use the little stuff in butters, oils, etc. But have heard of people taking the big tops and letting the bottoms grow out a bit more. Good luck
Icristal

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

A few times I cut the tops and dropped the light and flowered the lowers another week, didn't seem to add any more size. I'd rather put the elec and time towards the next crop.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Anyone harvest the main buds and then leave any smaller less developed buds for another 2 weeds or so to ripen further and grow bigger?

Or do you just harvest the whole thing at once, and throw away any undeveloped buds?

Do you think it's economically worth it to spend another 2 weeks of electricity to get those last buds ripened?

Or do you want to get the plants out of the ground when you harvest the main buds so you can start another grow?
Yes you can harvest the main buds and keep growing the bottom half.
Yes you can harvest the whole plant at once but don't throw away the undeveloped buds. You can use the undeveloped/ Larfy buds to make bubble hash or make butter or oil for edibles.
I would pull the whole plant and start fresh if it's a smaller plant. Use your own judgement. If it's a 6 ft plant you may wanna finish the bottom half because it's a higher yield.

ken dog

ken dog

Regarding electricity and time... It really depends on how big your top harvest is, and how long it takes you to trim them up... And whether you dry trim or wet trim... And whether you need the area to start another grow or not... Things like that.

I cannot personally comment on whether or not the buds are better or worse after a top harvest, because I have never done it.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'd say harvest the top then keep the lowers going.

Electricity for an extra week or two should not even be considered. My tent consumed $60 in electricity over the 104 days from seed to harvest.

I couldn't see it costing much more for an extra week or 2.

vangs

vangs

Sometimes the lower buds are not as developed as the top buds, although tieing down or supercropping can help eliminate this to an extent, but you still have some buds that are not as ready as the main one's.

i did this on my last crop. but i didn't do it to increase yield. by week 9.5 after 14 day flush i dont think the buds have it in them to get bigger.. The reason i did it was because i had large plants and i didn't lollipop or prune nearly as much as i needed and the plants got so big that it squished a lot of colas and they weren't even fully developed due to no light and each plant had about half a p dry worth of bud so i couldn't just save it all for oil or edibles. so i cropped all the large dom colas and then i let the plants go another 5 days. the room has 20k watts, i only had about 10k lights going for those 5 days and it worked out rlly nice. if i had too i would do it again.. but im gunna lollipop more next round hehe... all the other small buds that didn't look done or had that wet look to them due to the humidity around them because they were packed tight together after 5 days were all nice and crispy looking.. worked out better than i could have hoped.

SilentL

SilentL

I've done something simular with good results or no results extra...
for a while ago I got problem with cal/mg deficiency. so after 3 weeks in bloom I went to 18/24 light for a 7-10 days then bloom again , two of the plants became really strong. But it can be luck with theese two or not . Anyone else tried something?

Keekee

Keekee

Yea i find they dont add anything worth worrying about,better to let the next run start.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

The real cost, if it matters, is the down time that you would not spend growing in that same room.

This is true. My rent (when calculated by sq. ft.) is the second largest expense, first being electricity. By the time the lowers are grown out, harvested, room cleaned, etc. the next round could have been a week or two into flower already.

G gnome

G gnome

U sed it man...get that new crop in there. The determining factor imo is whether or not u got a new crop ready to go in there or not....if u got plants vegged up and ready to flip then no sense messin around w trying to squeeze a few more gm out the old plants. Do what gonger ses and make some concentrate or edibles outta it.

Top Bottom