Anyone has any idea what this might be? Leafs turning brown

• Thread starter josevi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josevi

josevi

They are grown in coco and I have been watering them with water pH 5.8-6.3. The nutrients that I have been using are the Tripart GHE nutrients at about 75% the recommended dose. I did suffered from a thrips infestation, but I already solved it. I honestly have no idea what is this. Any insights are appreciated.

Anyone has any idea what this might be leafs turning brown
Anyone has any idea what this might be leafs turning brown 2
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They look a bit overfed. Do you have a ppm/ec meter?
How much coco are they in how much/how often do you water? You get good runoff?
I'd be curious what the runoff ec is.

josevi

josevi

Thanks for the reply. There is about a 10% runoff when I water them. The medium is about 85% coco and 15% perlite. I did flush them before turning to flower, so I was a it skeptil in thinking they were overfed. I will give them flush them again, I guess.

I do not have a ppm/ec meter atm.

josevi

josevi

Just realized I missed some details. The plants are on 11L pots and I water about every 3-4 days using nutes at 75% recommended dose.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
whoa whoa whoa.... you're in coco and feeding every three or four days?!

you need to change that immediately. multiple fertigations a day. that's classic nutrient burn, hands down. bet your runoff is insane, upwards of 3+ EC. you cannot treat it like soil, and you'll be rewarded for more frequent feedings. run a flush of at least 3x the media at 1/4 strength nutrients until the runoff matches input, then feed at full strength and keep a better schedule.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
and get some basic tools. $20 will get you a pH and EC meter on amazon. they aren't great, aren't terribly accurate, but consider them to be like a flashlight in fog. at least you'll have a rough idea of what you're giving your plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom