• Thread starter TomTom420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomTom420

TomTom420

Anyone have any idea why this happened first time ive seen thisthanks

Dan789

Dan789

The first thing I see is that this is over watered but no idea what’s going on other than that...

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Well those little things contain all the food a seedling needs for the first little bit so it can’t really be a bad thing.

TomTom420

TomTom420

It's from a bag of Tangerine dream...about 20 seeds in the oz...i have another same strain
IMG 20210504 004034079
growing beside it to compare 😁

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
oh wow, i noticed the little cotyledon leaves, but the one lobe set grew two too! its replicating! lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
so, had to go google this. is this a polyploid? it has two of everything. you should clone this one! i dont know why, but the oddity intrigues me! double the fun!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

so, had to go google this. is this a polyploid? it has two of everything. you should clone this one! i dont know why, but the oddity intrigues me! double the fun!

more than likely the extra leaves will correct themselves as the plant gets bigger. My prediction is it will look totally normal by the time its 6 inches high.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i think it is a polyploid. which means it is already "correct" for a plant that has double chromosomes! it has all the characteristics. the double up first leaves is an indicator, but the doubled up single lobe leaves are pretty positive indicators. it cant "correct" that!

this happens in flora more than i realized. in cannabis they are trying to make this stable and grow it as it produces twice as many bud sites. in other plants they have used this to advantage!

it is said that this produces more and that it will need a scrog. i spent a bit reading on this. it is fascinating! the trait shows more when it is needed, which is so amazing!

i hope you will keep us posted on her progress. id love more pics as the new leaves come out

get a clone or so!

Top Bottom