Anyone have thoughts on these signs of stress ?

• Thread starter THC.Tribble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

Just popped some beans , i thought maybe i over watered them and so i put them in bigger final pots to dry them out a bit , been about 4 days not much change , i have been giving light watering since but around 200-300 ppm as i thought maybe also N deficiency ? (Seems strange at this stage )

Balanced water at 6.5 ,barley wetting the soil now when feeding

Seems to be lower leaves yelowing with brown splotches that get crispy , seems like slow growth .

any insight would be stellar ! ✌

Anyone have thoughts on these signs of stress
Anyone have thoughts on these signs of stress 2
Anyone have thoughts on these signs of stress 3
Anyone have thoughts on these signs of stress 4
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Looks like you've got a few things going on. One is for sure N deficiency. They look hungry. The second is mag deficiency. This could be caused by a few things. That soil looks bone dry, too. They very well may be thirsty. What are your temps and RH?

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

Looks like you've got a few things going on. One is for N deficiency. They look hungry. The second is mag deficiency. This could be caused by a few things. That soil looks bone dry, too. They very well may be thirsty. What are your temps and RH?
I figured kinda the same , i guess maybe they have been under fed ? 23 deg, 60% humidity

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I figured kinda the same , i guess maybe they have been under fed ? 23 deg, 60% humidity

When you lift the pot are they light?

Something to do that will help you a ton is to get familiar with the weight the pot at field capacity vs bone dry. Fill up an empty pot with soil, and lift it. Next, saturate it like you're doing a deep watering. Lift it again. Mentally note the difference. Once you get a few weeks down the road the plants will tell you more of what they need, but at this point you need to rely on other means of determining if they need water or not.

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

When you lift the pot are they light?

Something to do that will help you a ton is to get familiar with the weight the pot at field capacity vs bone dry. Fill up an empty pot with soil, and lift it. Next, saturate it like you're doing a deep watering. Lift it again. Mentally note the difference. Once you get a few weeks down the road the plants will tell you more of what they need, but at this point you need to rely on other means of determining if they need water or not.
Yes they were quite wet in 5” pots prior to this photo , i was concered i over watered them , seemed like maybe i did for the pot size but that water wS only at around 100ppm of sea kelp extract

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Yes they were quite wet in 5” pots prior to this photo , i was concered i over watered them , seemed like maybe i did for the pot size but that water wS only at around 100ppm of sea kelp extract
100ppm is low, more like tap water ppm...I wouldn’t go below 400ppm at this stage, ph’d at 6,2. What’s the NPK ratio of the sea kelp?

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

100ppm is low, more like tap water ppm...I wouldn’t go below 400ppm at this stage, ph’d at 6,2. What’s the NPK ratio of the sea kelp?
Ok i figured low as didnt wana burn them but obviously to low , trying new nutrients so thanks for advice 🤘, 2% nitrogen ,2% p, 7%k

Thanks everyone,

What about foliar feeding ? Ph ? Ppm?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you water to ensure the entire pot is moist? You won't want run off but you do want to make sure the soil is moist and give a good wet dry cycle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To me they look underwatered. I would probably reduce the light a bit also until the nutrient issue is fixed

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

Do you water to ensure the entire pot is moist? You won't want run off but you do want to make sure the soil is moist and give a good wet dry cycle.
I think was giving them probably to much water and not not enough food , diluting what they had , ill be sure to get a good dry and wet cycle synced up now with some stronger feeding . Hopfully thing change for the better 🤞

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think was giving them probably to much water and not not enough food , diluting what they had , ill be sure to get a good dry and wet cycle synced up now with some stronger feeding . Hopfully thing change for the better 🤞
Ok soil looks dry and leaves dont look like its overwatering but possible. The soil may take some time to release nutes so I wouldn't be adding much if its an organic mix.

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

Ok soil looks dry and leaves dont look like its overwatering but possible. The soil may take some time to release nutes so I wouldn't be adding much if its an organic mix.

I was concerned i had over watered as the small pots they were in were soaked, in a plastic bag type pot , drainage but its lousy . Thinkin the fabric will but more free draining , and alow for more heavy water / feed

Latest posts

Top Bottom