Pronunciation: BYOO-tain
Chemical Abstracts Service Registry Number: 106-97-8
Formal Names: Butyl Hydride, Liquefied Petroleum Gas, Methylethylmethane,
Pyrofax
Type: Inhalant. See page 26
Federal Schedule Listing: Unlisted
USA Availability: Nonprescription chemical
Pregnancy Category: None
Uses. Some recreational use is for psychic effects: During butane intoxication, time may appear to pass more slowly, and thoughts may seem to come
faster. Other recreational usage has nothing to do with altered consciousness:
Some persons ingest butane to perform the stunt of fire breathing, appearing
to exhale flames by filling the mouth with butane and then exhaling over a
flame source.
Drawbacks. Inhaling butane to achieve euphoria, hallucinations, and sensory distortion is one of the riskier forms of substance abuse. The amount
required for hallucinatory action can be close to a lethal dose, making a slight
miscalculation fatal.
Users have complained of headache and coughing. Lung injury is reported,
ranging from fluid build-up and congestion to impaired breathing function
and lung collapse. Unwanted effects can also include cardiac arrest, from
which persons can seldom be resuscitated. A case report tells of a 14-year-old
male who suffered a heart attack due to inhaling butane. Another case report
describes a teenager who became paralyzed on one side of the body due to
butane inhalation. Explosion is a common misadventure; one hospital in South
Korea found that 1.6% of all flame burn patients had been abusing butane.
Most were teenagers. Accidents often happened in a group setting in bedrooms or motel rooms. Burns typically covered more than 25% of the body:
face, hands, arms, midsection. About half the victims required skin grafts, and
the overall death rate was just over 10%. An American case study noted how
treacherous treatment can be for such injuries. A female was hospitalized after
striking a match in a closed vehicle while inhaling butane. She was released
after a couple of days but died a week later. In addition to external burns, the
explosion had burned interior airways into the lungs, an injury that gradually70 Butane
destroyed her ability to breathe. Medical caregivers emphasize the importance
of victims honestly describing circumstances of a butane injury so that their
lung condition will be properly examined in detail. Caregivers also emphasize
that a person who experiences seemingly minor burns in a butane explosion
should always seek immediate medical examination of the lungs, because
breathing distress may not occur until several days later, when successful
treatment is less likely.
Butane is suspected of causing liver damage and is suspected of making
users ill-tempered.
Some recreational butane sniffers use sources also containing other ingredients. Those other substances can be harmful as well. For example, a case
report notes problems encountered by someone who inhaled spray from oven
cleaner that contained butane. Butane spray from aerosol cans and other pressurized containers can be cold enough to cause frostbite. Cases have been seen
of skin burns from the severe cold, also frostbite damage to the throat, lungs,
and esophagus. Associated inflammation of stomach lining is also known. The
instant severe cold can affect the vagus nerve, which influences voice quality and affects heartbeat; such impact on the vagus nerve can produce heart
failure.
A case report notes a habitual practitioner of the fire breathing stunt who
developed stomach inflammation and a bleeding esophagus from irritation
caused by repeated exposure to butane. Another case report tells of severe
lung damage caused by exposure to unignited fumes. Judging from the expected progress of such disease and from autopsy findings, such lung damage
can be fatal. Because butane is heavier than air, it can flow into the lungs even
if a person is trying to hold butane in the mouth without inhaling. One fire
breather routinely swallowed some of the butane, numbing the rear of the
mouth.
Abuse factors. Authorities have described butane’s effects as weaker and
having less addictive appeal than those of toluene. Tolerance and dependence
are reported. Withdrawal may involve several days of nausea, perspiration,
crankiness, troubled sleep, abdominal cramps, and general shakiness.
Drug interactions. Not enough scientific information to report.
Cancer. Potential for causing cancer is unknown.
Pregnancy. Potential for causing birth defects is unknown.
Additional scientific information may be found in:
Evans, A.C., and D. Raistrick. “Patterns of Use and Related Harm with Toluene-Based
Adhesives and Butane Gas.” British Journal of Psychiatry 150 (1987): 773–76.
Evans, A.C., and D. Raistrick. “Phenomenology of Intoxication with Toluene-Based
Adhesives and Butane Gas.” British Journal of Psychiatry 150 (1987): 769–73.
Gomibuchi, K., T. Gomibuchi, and H. Kurita. “Treatment and 9-Year Outcome of
Butane-Induced Psychotic Disorder in a Butane-Dependent Japanese Male Adolescent.” Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 55 (2001): 163.
Gray, M.Y., and J.H. Lazarus. “Butane Inhalation and Hemiparesis.” Journal of Toxicology: Clinical Toxicology 31 (1993): 483–85. Hemiparesis is paralysis on one side
of a person’s body.Butane 71
Marsh, W.W. “Butane Firebreathing in Adolescents: A Potentially Dangerous Practice.”
Journal of Adolescent Health Care 5 (1984): 59–60.
Oh, S.J., et al. “Explosive Burns during Abusive Inhalation of Butane Gas.” Burns 25
(1999): 341–44.
Rieder-Scharinger, J., et al. “Multiorganversagen nach Butangasinhalation: Ein Fallbericht [Multiple Organ Failure Following Inhalation of Butane Gas: A Case Report].” Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift 112 (2000): 1049–52. Abstract in English.
Rohrig, T.P. “Sudden Death Due to Butane Inhalation.” American Journal of Forensic
Medicine and Pathology 18 (1997): 299–302

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

wpg

your talking about taking hash oil BHO and putting it on a peice of glass with dry ice KEEPING IT COLD

step one prepair the dry ice to sit on top of a peice of glass

step two take the glass beFORE IT IS SUPER CHILLED and smear the hash oil all over the glass so it is in a thin layer

then you put the glass on top of your dry ice

then use a razor blade to scrape your dusty hash off

people call it hash dust , dankie dust, bho dust, gold dust, and i guess glash and glass now because its a super UNTOLD IDEA..... that just makes oil more mandible

i think bho is stupid and yea if its dust its not more potent you most likely can just have a chance to dose the extract differently than if it was just GOOOY OIL

i really think this is the idea that wpg

honestly i think people who preffer hash oil /bho / iso are freaks .... Cold water hash is where its at ... we all know its alot of work ... more work than bho but that doesnt mean people should drop their techniques and their bubble bags

there should be more fourms on how to clean hash oils and more awareness of how nasty the product can be

bho takes the pleasure out of cannabis

ur retarded

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

Citing the Encyclopedia of Addictive drugs:

Pronunciation: BYOO-tain
Chemical Abstracts Service Registry Number: 106-97-8
Formal Names: Butyl Hydride, Liquefied Petroleum Gas, Methylethylmethane,
Pyrofax
Type: Inhalant. See page 26
Federal Schedule Listing: Unlisted
USA Availability: Nonprescription chemical
Pregnancy Category: None
Uses. Some recreational use is for psychic effects: During butane intoxication, time may appear to pass more slowly, and thoughts may seem to come
faster. Other recreational usage has nothing to do with altered consciousness:
Some persons ingest butane to perform the stunt of fire breathing, appearing
to exhale flames by filling the mouth with butane and then exhaling over a
flame source.
Drawbacks. Inhaling butane to achieve euphoria, hallucinations, and sensory distortion is one of the riskier forms of substance abuse. The amount
required for hallucinatory action can be close to a lethal dose, making a slight
miscalculation fatal.
Users have complained of headache and coughing. Lung injury is reported,
ranging from fluid build-up and congestion to impaired breathing function
and lung collapse. Unwanted effects can also include cardiac arrest, from
which persons can seldom be resuscitated. A case report tells of a 14-year-old
male who suffered a heart attack due to inhaling butane. Another case report
describes a teenager who became paralyzed on one side of the body due to
butane inhalation. Explosion is a common misadventure; one hospital in South
Korea found that 1.6% of all flame burn patients had been abusing butane.
Most were teenagers. Accidents often happened in a group setting in bedrooms or motel rooms. Burns typically covered more than 25% of the body:
face, hands, arms, midsection. About half the victims required skin grafts, and
the overall death rate was just over 10%. An American case study noted how
treacherous treatment can be for such injuries. A female was hospitalized after
striking a match in a closed vehicle while inhaling butane. She was released
after a couple of days but died a week later. In addition to external burns, the
explosion had burned interior airways into the lungs, an injury that gradually70 Butane
destroyed her ability to breathe. Medical caregivers emphasize the importance
of victims honestly describing circumstances of a butane injury so that their
lung condition will be properly examined in detail. Caregivers also emphasize
that a person who experiences seemingly minor burns in a butane explosion
should always seek immediate medical examination of the lungs, because
breathing distress may not occur until several days later, when successful
treatment is less likely.
Butane is suspected of causing liver damage and is suspected of making
users ill-tempered.
Some recreational butane sniffers use sources also containing other ingredients. Those other substances can be harmful as well. For example, a case
report notes problems encountered by someone who inhaled spray from oven
cleaner that contained butane. Butane spray from aerosol cans and other pressurized containers can be cold enough to cause frostbite. Cases have been seen
of skin burns from the severe cold, also frostbite damage to the throat, lungs,
and esophagus. Associated inflammation of stomach lining is also known. The
instant severe cold can affect the vagus nerve, which influences voice quality and affects heartbeat; such impact on the vagus nerve can produce heart
failure.
A case report notes a habitual practitioner of the fire breathing stunt who
developed stomach inflammation and a bleeding esophagus from irritation
caused by repeated exposure to butane. Another case report tells of severe
lung damage caused by exposure to unignited fumes. Judging from the expected progress of such disease and from autopsy findings, such lung damage
can be fatal. Because butane is heavier than air, it can flow into the lungs even
if a person is trying to hold butane in the mouth without inhaling. One fire
breather routinely swallowed some of the butane, numbing the rear of the
mouth.
Abuse factors. Authorities have described butane’s effects as weaker and
having less addictive appeal than those of toluene. Tolerance and dependence
are reported. Withdrawal may involve several days of nausea, perspiration,
crankiness, troubled sleep, abdominal cramps, and general shakiness.
Drug interactions. Not enough scientific information to report.
Cancer. Potential for causing cancer is unknown.
Pregnancy. Potential for causing birth defects is unknown.
Additional scientific information may be found in:
Evans, A.C., and D. Raistrick. “Patterns of Use and Related Harm with Toluene-Based
Adhesives and Butane Gas.” British Journal of Psychiatry 150 (1987): 773–76.
Evans, A.C., and D. Raistrick. “Phenomenology of Intoxication with Toluene-Based
Adhesives and Butane Gas.” British Journal of Psychiatry 150 (1987): 769–73.
Gomibuchi, K., T. Gomibuchi, and H. Kurita. “Treatment and 9-Year Outcome of
Butane-Induced Psychotic Disorder in a Butane-Dependent Japanese Male Adolescent.” Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 55 (2001): 163.
Gray, M.Y., and J.H. Lazarus. “Butane Inhalation and Hemiparesis.” Journal of Toxicology: Clinical Toxicology 31 (1993): 483–85. Hemiparesis is paralysis on one side
of a person’s body.Butane 71
Marsh, W.W. “Butane Firebreathing in Adolescents: A Potentially Dangerous Practice.”
Journal of Adolescent Health Care 5 (1984): 59–60.
Oh, S.J., et al. “Explosive Burns during Abusive Inhalation of Butane Gas.” Burns 25
(1999): 341–44.
Rieder-Scharinger, J., et al. “Multiorganversagen nach Butangasinhalation: Ein Fallbericht [Multiple Organ Failure Following Inhalation of Butane Gas: A Case Report].” Wiener Klinische Wochenschrift 112 (2000): 1049–52. Abstract in English.
Rohrig, T.P. “Sudden Death Due to Butane Inhalation.” American Journal of Forensic
Medicine and Pathology 18 (1997): 299–302

thats if you fucking HUFF it lol...like off the can?? like the broad doin duster on intervention??? OF COURSE butanes addictive if your fuckin gettin high by huffing it...so is gasoline...would u say gas is addictive...how about paint? you have any idea how many fools are addicted to paint? You tellin me krylons dope?

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

BHO will give you cancer, and people who prefer it are misinformed. They only prefer it because butane is an addictive drug in itself. They're like crack heads who don't know they've been smoking crack. The only really clean way to smoke THC is as the man said, ice water extraction. If you want something more pure, go with a high dollar supercritical CO2 setup, but be prepared to spend about 10,000$.
ur retarded too
it will give you cancer?? says fucking WHO liar?
no fuckstick your misinformed....you must know people who make shit bho with dick scraps..
stfu please....theres intelligent people in here and you sound like a moron coming in here (in assiest voice possible) "If you want something more pure go with a super crit co2 extractor"
yea thanks jack we allllllll know the wonders of the magical co2 oil...AND CHOSE BHO
so if noones told you ALL that YET, and i stress yet, cuz youll b able to memorize what i just typed if you keep speaking spunk all over these forums...theres enough fuck sandwhiches out here making people scared on some baseless fuckery, we DONT NEED ANY MORE..
please...just go to jokecity...i mean blokeshitty...i mean tokecity..theres a HUGE contingent of oil naysayers there, youll fit right the fuck in...
im sure this is prob some bubble bag sales rep like rize or his nephew or some shit..lol

i think i hear an ice machine calling ur name....
yes im sure of it...

oh....nevermind, it was a fart

fuck....some people...
wow

A

Ariako

LOL, for potheads you're sure full of a lot of hate. If you think smoking makes it okay over huffing, you've got a rude awakening in your future. You can research hundreds of articles in the library about butane being deadly, and last I checked I'm the only one here who posted any cited information. Still waiting on your studies that say butane is harmless, but until then, keep smoking.

So much easier that way. ;) Have a nice life for what's left.

PS: Your replies are so full of malice that they don't actually have any facts in them. As I said before about this, it's really pathetic. It's almost like you've had spider mites for too long and just lost the plot.

Glab120

Glab120

LOL, for potheads you're sure full of a lot of hate. If you think smoking makes it okay over huffing, you've got a rude awakening in your future. You can research hundreds of articles in the library about butane being deadly, and last I checked I'm the only one here who posted any cited information. Still waiting on your studies that say butane is harmless, but until then, keep smoking.

PS: Your replies are so full of malice that they don't actually have any facts in them. As I said before about this, it's really pathetic. It's almost like you've had spider mites for too long and just lost the plot.

please just ban this fucking retard. the farm doesnt need this kinda negativity. if this is the troll previosly known as co2extractor... get a fucking life!

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

LIKE I SAID UR FUCKING RETARDED..
ITS NOT MALICE SHIT FOR BRAINS....ITS SHEER AWE THAT PEOPLE CAN BE SOOOOOO FUCKING DENSE...
I DONT HAVE TO POST SHIT FOR REF CUZ YOUR WHOLE ARGUEMENT IS FOR SHIT AND ITS A WASTE OF MY TIME
PISS OFF WANKER

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

FUCKING GRIMEY IS MORE LIKE IT ESSAY

@ OP...IVE HEARD OF "GASH" LOL
NOT SURE ON GLASH

ALL HAIL PINHEAD AND THE ORDER OF THE GASH

ImNorml

ImNorml

Glass is great, potency is on point... but it's so hard to handle! Ya always have to worry about it flying out of it's container lol

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

iv seen nice co2 set ups for under 1500 bucks. i could getto rig a co2 setup for less than 800. and if butane is addictive will someone please let me know. iv always known theres side effects to inhaleing butane but i never have heard of the mental effects of it. please someone shed some light on this gloomy info.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

iv seen nice co2 set ups for under 1500 bucks. i could getto rig a co2 setup for less than 800. and if butane is addictive will someone please let me know. iv always known theres side effects to inhaleing butane but i never have heard of the mental effects of it. please someone shed some light on this gloomy info.
I know I'm addicted! Only in the same way I'm addicted to marijuana. Do I love smoking BHO? YES. do I love making it? YES. Can I go days without it? IF I HAVE TO. Do I have withdrawals when I don't smoke BHO? NO. Am I physically addicted to butane? NO. Mentally? MAYBE!

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

haha same hear. i met a dude in safeway the other day who had to talk through a hole in his throat. he told me had his surgury for it about 6 months ago due to take a single dab of unrefined bho made with unrefined butane. scared the shit outa me. lol. iv been sticky with maryjane for the last few days untill i get another vaccum pump nd maybe some other equipment.

Top Bottom