Anyone heard of "Strategic Topping?"

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey all. A fellow grower is currently, and has been, growing under 2 600w solarmax lamps with CO2, and is pulling a little over 2 lbs in his grow room. The plants are tall and somewhat lanky, but HEALTHY. anyway to the point, he says that during or in the beginning of the last 3 weeks of flower he pinches/cuts the apical meristem. This then, of course, forces the plant to stop upward growth and focus its energy on fattiening up. The guy does a trully amazing job with the 9 strains he has, hands down some of the tastiest herb I have ever smoked. So I think I will try this techinque on my current So Cal Master Kush. Which I will be posting a grow journal of as soon as I find my camera cable. Anyway He claims he sees a difference within just a few days. Def worth a shot.

Peace

R

ReelBusy1

Hey all. A fellow grower is currently, and has been, growing under 2 600w solarmax lamps with CO2, and is pulling a little over 2 lbs in his grow room. The plants are tall and somewhat lanky, but HEALTHY. anyway to the point, he says that during or in the beginning of the last 3 weeks of flower he pinches/cuts the apical meristem. This then, of course, forces the plant to stop upward growth and focus its energy on fattiening up. The guy does a trully amazing job with the 9 strains he has, hands down some of the tastiest herb I have ever smoked. So I think I will try this techinque on my current So Cal Master Kush. Which I will be posting a grow journal of as soon as I find my camera cable. Anyway He claims he sees a difference within just a few days. Def worth a shot.

Peace

interesting tactic.
I might try it on a plant to test it.

B

Badmf

I would advise against this technique. He should do a test with a plant non topped with the same strain to be certain. That late in bloom not much growth is going to go laterally. At this stage the plant is slowing down to mature the trichs. Instead bend the tops if you wanted to slow/stop top growth. Most times this occurs prior to bloom.JMTC

M

munga

bump.....this is an awesome series of pinching vids up above...doing two of my ladies like that in the next few weeks, hopefully i can put up some amazing results.

E

ehole

900 grams=2 pounds @ 1200 watts= .75 grams per watt with co2? i don't know if this is the farmer you really want to model yourself after...

O

OZUT

I know you said he has 9 strains, but is that how many plants total he's flowering?

Like ehole said, 2 pounds for (2) 600's really isn't that much

P

poohpickle

I would pinch three weeks in not three weeks to the end. Should be flushing and finishing plants off soon not trying to alter it. plant Has enough to do.

homebrew420

homebrew420

since this thread was posted I have seen many a garden. Some better some worse. >75 g/watt is not bad just not Great. I dont do this at all but he still grows some of the highest quality flowers around. His consistency is what astounds me. Maybe because he found what works and sticks to it. hahaha. He was also pulling plants up to 2 weeks early! Thanks for all the input?

Top Bottom