Anyone Identify this disease?

• Thread starter Greenqueen500
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenqueen500

Greenqueen500

Hey all, looking for some help identifying this disease. I have mature plants that are yellowing with the leaves reaching pointy straight up. Some branches become infected, some stay normal, then it eventually moves to the whole plant. I’m using used soil from last year. Once the plant becomes full flower the buds give off a rotten putrid type smell. I dumped out a pot and the dirt had orangish-brownish clumps . We believe it could be fusarium but I’m not sure . The weird symptom that is confusing me are the pointy leaves that shoot up as the beginning signs. Thanks, any help is appreciate .
Anyone identify this disease
Anyone identify this disease
Anyone identify this disease 3
Anyone identify this disease 5

Anyone identify this disease 2
Anyone identify this disease 4
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont know what the orange dirt is but the plant looks like its having a lot of mag stress.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

My theory is Iron deficiency because old soil from last year, and the orange in the soil is rust from the oxidized iron content. 💁 maybe? Im no expert but i did stay at a holiday inn express

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My theory is Iron deficiency because old soil from last year, and the orange in the soil is rust from the oxidized iron content. 💁 maybe? Im no expert but i did stay at a holiday inn express

Too much iron will definitely yellow plants.

Another sign of mag is when the leaves point straight up like that and then the plant would yellow. They called it praying for mag in the old grow books.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you have iron precipitating out of your soil, there is a good chance your Ph is acidic. It takes fairly acidic conditions to make iron oxidize into rust in normal soil. If sulfur was added to bring the Ph down, it takes a while and might have overshot the mark... if sulfur was added to the soil. In any case, the iron could be locked up as it's oxide. I would check the Ph, but that is pretty unusual looking. I have seen some strains that grow in a somewhat similar fashion, but not to that degree or having the color issues. Once the Ph is skewed, all kinds of lockouts can happen. I don't thinkit's any kind of disease, I'm almost certain it is Ph or nutrient based.... what are they being fed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom