Anyone in Bay area put there plants outside for 2022 ?

• Thread starter Brosko82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brosko82

Brosko82

Hey first timer here , I think I started too early put my biggest critical kush out on March 20th since I don't have allot of room indoors , small light etc .... Is there anyone else in Bay area coco county etc that put there's out this soon .... I've read that some people do as soon as threat of frost clears ?

Last edited:
Brosko82

Brosko82

IMG 20220325 145532

Brosko82

Brosko82

Well I sure hope not it's been dark and rainy I got scared and put them in shed with a light on em lol hope they don't herm out on me ...

Madmax

Madmax

Ive had frost covered seedlings many times..its not the frost that kills the plants (snaps stem) its the quick thaw that gets them..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Probably won’t get 14 hours till the end of May. Mine are going out. About 200 miles north of Coco County. Your temps look OK.

the rrock

the rrock

ive been growing outside and inside(santa cruz co) for 40+ years .Iv enever put them out before May 20 usually June 1 especially for clones.But seen alotof others do it and its always the same,buds then the days start getting longer and the buds stop growing. Then they try and save them by re vegging and its always the new grower.Patience and timing are the key to growing especially outdoors. Just start over when its time

Brosko82

Brosko82

ive been growing outside and inside(santa cruz co) for 40+ years .Iv enever put them out before May 20 usually June 1 especially for clones.But seen alotof others do it and its always the same,buds then the days start getting longer and the buds stop growing. Then they try and save them by re vegging and its always the new grower.Patience and timing are the key to growing especially outdoors. Just start over when its time
Honestly been thinking that might be the best thing to do come may ....

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

If you can, u could add few household 10w led bulbs on top to keep em veggin...a couple will do the trick!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
thanks for intervening and keeping us from doing something stupid, marshman and rrock. Will add supplemental lights for a few hours when I have to move the starts out. Thanks also grapefruit. They are right, brosko82.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My son lives in Oakland and puts his plants out on the back porch weather permitting, as you get rain fog and cold wind coming off the bay.

Madmax

Madmax

Sorry mate didnt realise your still in winter.i thought you was coming into spring when i seen you mention that some guys plant outdoors after the last frost.. ✌

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sunrise 657, sunset 730. Was thinking that might be enough daylight to keep them from flowering. Evidently it might not be so want to Err on the side of caution. Running regs so want to get them as large as possible before they go in to their final home. Still going to have to sex them out on down the line a ways. It looks like the weather is OK to put them out and keep an eye on it. Can light them up for a few hours every evening till late May.

Top Bottom