Anyone In Mi Growing In Coco?

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Anyone in MI growing in coco? Need some help, maybe even stop by my garden and give me a few pointers. First time growing in COCO and can't get roots/plants to explode

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Try some OG Biowar for them roots!

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Roots Organic Coco and I just actually brewed them a tea of ogbiowar foliar and Roots w humus and molasses. Poured a cups worth at the crown of each plant. Will have pics up in a bit. They actually look better than I thought. Droopy day for them the other day.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

First two pictures are part of my 8k veg. Just trellised them an hour ago, they are getting weaved into the trellis for a week and then flowering. 2-4th picture is 3k that is 19 days into flower. Gorilla Glue 4 is a stretcher..

dogznova

dogznova

I know this might sound weird but.. Everytime I grow in coco the plants don't like being crammed together, I don't know what it is about coco. Just seems my girls won't intertwine with each other in coco..

Basically the girls seem smaller in coco but yield is quite good as long as I keep the plants separated..

If I run Sunshine #4 SOG work great, coco not so much..

Prolly just my grow area, but is this kind of what you're talking about?

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.. Again, not sure if this is what your talking about or not.

I use canna coco. Not that it's any better than the coco you're using.

Your FARM looks kick ass to me, so whatever your doing it's looking good brother..

Love me a good michigan FARMER.

Last edited:
cephalopod

cephalopod

I'll be the fourth to say it...that garden looks healthy. I'm scrolling those these pics thinks wait wtf, whats wrong that you're looking for help on? You said this is your first time growing in coco and can't get the roots to explode, well if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing before the coco? Because to me it kinda sounded like you're a little disappointed in your op. Like I said though it all looks nice and healthy and clean. I'm with Andy Keep On Truckin...

john martin

john martin

Like everyone else said, they look happy.

Trick I recently learned to make roots grow, is to let the medium (in this case coco) dry out as much as absolutely possible without negatively effecting the plants.

I grow roots original soil with few inches of their coco on the top, and in the past have used about 1/4 coco to 3/4 roots original, and only thing I noticed was I had to feed much heaver.

I also grow in smart pots (someone mentioned them above), and am going to gravitate towards beds, although the areation is nice, it also seems to give a false sense of dry (if that makes sense) and leads me to water a tad bit too early... that and I hear from people they are harder to flush. Reasoning behind being harder to flush according to others is that the water doesn't flow through all the soil and leaches out the side, but the smart pots I buy from HTG Supply (the cheap ones) don't let water leach through the sides, so this can't be it. I flush a lot harder than many of my friends and am starting to think it has more to do with the material holding salts in the sides, than it does anything else.

I can only speculate that your coco medium might be having a similar effect, causing you to water a tad bit too early, not to the point where it effects their health much, but enough that the roots don't feel the need to 'reach out' for more water.

Anyways they look great, and based on the tid-bits growers I greatly respect have been feeding me, my only recommendation to you, my friend, is to try beds (for dozens of reasons).

Once again, they look nice :)

Top Bottom