Anyone know if I could get away with this??

• Thread starter smokey79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokey79

smokey79

I have 4xlarge plants, indoor grow coco canna line all the way, one has got too tall, they alll did due to my old magnetic ballast-got digi now, never look back!-only noticed due to blowing timers and had suffered a root aphid and gnat infestation preflower, this left one Girl tall too tall had to sit her infront of reflector she is now hit roof, I lolipopped her as had pinched her all the way very vig grower, dont know poor light/combo of poor light and root damage from bugz, she just isnt budding properly despite lots of potential, I have 2 plants near ready for harvest with the tall one dont know, and another that looks alot better but reduced yield other two healthy, they all stretched 3x I only expected double(Strain barnys PExpress), was reading tomatoe farmers splice branches to ripen crops, also frankenstine mummys that have several strains spliced onto one plant, was wondering 1) whats crack how would i go about doing this
2) Could I use it to reduce its overall hight, was thinking of a 2 or three fold harvest due to hight and poor yeild on half my grw, so if I cropped one down could I attach the top third of my tall plant onto my half harvested healthy plant, thus using it's healthy root systm and getting round hight issue???
I will post sum pix later, any ideas help appreaciated.:bongsmi::bongsmi:

420Gator

420Gator

no, that has to be done very early in the plants life

M

mdTHC420

smokey bud, get your grow dialed in and work on keepin things small and under control. advise to u is forget anything advanced and get the fuck rid of those bugs; your tryin to sprint before you can crawl.

and i have seen mother plants that have been spliced but like gator said its done in veg by people that have mastered other aspects of growing and dont have a bug farm goin on.

if plants are to tall chop off the top 6 inches to 1.5 feet and let it veg a lil more and it will bush out horizontal not vertical controlling height.

smokey79

smokey79

Steady Mgthc! jus coz it dont say senior farmer a aint that jr and gt plenty grows under my belt, the only thing a dont have is a light meter and given my ballast packed in it aint my fault. that 1 of 4 plant's is way out of hand,fact two outo3 no bad 3 o 4 no bad either, was explinin re bugs as effected yeild, but I elimiated all bugs in grw area by week1 of flower, just this one plant is a bother, i was goin cut her but when attached digi ballast she started bushing up top, only trying to boost a poor yeild man, really dnt think u should assume am sum amiture, the reason I asked re splice is heard it cum about frm tomatoe growers using it to ripen under dev fruit, therfore i posed a Question as I dont usually have hight/strech problems, n have no experiance of splicen, appriciate time and answer but bit respect (mutally of course) is appriciated

P

pure arghan

get some pick's up if you can

I have 4xlarge plants, indoor grow coco canna line all the way, one has got too tall, they alll did due to my old magnetic ballast-got digi now, never look back!-only noticed due to blowing timers and had suffered a root aphid and gnat infestation preflower, this left one Girl tall too tall had to sit her infront of reflector she is now hit roof, I lolipopped her as had pinched her all the way very vig grower, dont know poor light/combo of poor light and root damage from bugz, she just isnt budding properly despite lots of potential, I have 2 plants near ready for harvest with the tall one dont know, and another that looks alot better but reduced yield other two healthy, they all stretched 3x I only expected double(Strain barnys PExpress), was reading tomatoe farmers splice branches to ripen crops, also frankenstine mummys that have several strains spliced onto one plant, was wondering 1) whats crack how would i go about doing this
2) Could I use it to reduce its overall hight, was thinking of a 2 or three fold harvest due to hight and poor yeild on half my grw, so if I cropped one down could I attach the top third of my tall plant onto my half harvested healthy plant, thus using it's healthy root systm and getting round hight issue???

man i must be to stond? cant get my head rond this, could you put up any picks would love to see them
cheers

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i would take my chances pinching and bending before i cut anything off, one a plant has buds on it and is flowering cutting the top off will surely stress it even more. if u have to, maybe lay the plant on its side only lifting upright it to water it and letting the nutes settle. then lay it back over onto something...? idk but if ur losing the yeild from that bud anyway cuz its outgrown the light...? id honestly say harvest what you got ready and in stead of wasting time trying to repair plants. start over with a new fresh crop. u will end up yielding more in the long run and it will be better.

P

pure arghan

how's it going? a digital balest will not make any difrence tol the sterch in the plant, betten digital and magnetic there is no big dif apartfrom longer life bjulbs and less power consupstion, think your fake, your talk about an infestion of bugs that went for your root's, i think your a roote, dreamer

marski420

marski420

how's it going? a digital balest will not make any difrence tol the sterch in the plant, betten digital and magnetic there is no big dif apartfrom longer life bjulbs and less power consupstion, think your fake, your talk about an infestion of bugs that went for your root's, i think your a roote, dreamer

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought so.. When he was talkin about magnetic and digital I was thinkin "WTF you talkin about.. makes no sense"

hiboy

hiboy

Yah ballast transform/change power, got nada to do with plant stretch. Digies run cooler we all know but nothing about plant growth that ive seen. i think bending and snapping, tieing down the too tall limbs is a great idea instead of cutting.\
\hiboy

smokey79

smokey79

TO U WISEMEN WHO THINK AM A DREAMR-MAGNETIC BALLASTS loose efficency over time-check grow faq-DIGI dont-SO if was a new mag Ballast u mayBright but I even beg to differ there but am easy enough not to nit pic,my magnetic ballast was over 6year old and well used it was F*****-whats wi U wideos on this part of forum?????
GET U FACTS before U try be smart-so what u talkin about afgy??? u arjans bum boy??? take it u not heard of root aphids?-I can and will back up what am sayin-whats wi u mob??? not had any shit else where pn this site!? what happenin here??? most are to stoned to be fucked wi ya kiddy shit, so what up??? gringo no up2scratch??=)
MANY THANKS KT, u seem to b only1worth replyin2 I managed to get her bent over was a bit work but will be worth it by look of things, would norm have photos up but got comp problem wi my bluetooth b up soon, still to lose but got good results of the other2, 2 left both were bad infested but one seems to have pulled thru with reduced yield, was going to fling the problem TALL but she showed signs of frsh budding so anythin a get a bonus, many thanks KT, rest of u if u dont like what u reading go read sumthin else sted o bein wide:bongsmi::anim_09::)

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

FYI.....Most old magnetic ballast need a new capacitor to make them new again. Digitals burn your lamps brighter, but burn them out quicker, most lamps are not made to function at 20,000HZ, which is how digitals get around having a big heavy magnetic coil. Most of the HID lamps we use are made to work with ~ 60HZ and a coil and cap ballast system, not a digital "ballast". Anyway good luck with your grow.
:icon_spin:

smokey79

smokey79

FYI.....Most old magnetic ballast need a new capacitor to make them new again. Digitals burn your lamps brighter, but burn them out quicker, most lamps are not made to function at 20,000HZ, which is how digitals get around having a big heavy magnetic coil. Most of the HID lamps we use are made to work with ~ 60HZ and a coil and cap ballast system, not a digital "ballast". Anyway good luck with your grow.
:icon_spin:

467715 297687446961696 807344318 o
smokey79

smokey79

Thanks for the well informed info, this was a very long time ago and as you can see it awe turn out in the end , adjusta wings very good st spreading heat, I love digital ballast and have now been growing 12x years well had a wee break before getting back to it recently, was really poor genetics, I don't use barney's now.
But yea I managed to essentially keep lst the main cola to like a stair just saving it from burn, I broke my first tent and used it into my wardrobe worked a treat, but ya learn from mistakes and I was pretty skilled by this l
Point stated off with standard ballast barn reflector fan in white bathroom and built up after moving houses having a proper set up, this was my first tent grow.
An the weed was abundant, I had a sing

smokey79

smokey79

Single critical mass worked , treat..
Looks like a had it dialled in, I was explaing the set up, I have never been into posting photos until safe to do so .
But thanks for the support yea never been big topper, simply kept lst and out of burn , adjusta wing great heat spead and was amazingly getting away with being there, it was my first fully equipped grow.
Thanks for the advice.
Sorry for stressing out but simply put detail as often asked, digital ballast make difference as well as quality reflector, see it in leafs etc.
But yea easy 26oz plant. That was size of water melon.
Seed supplier stunned I managed
Bad pheno had big differences, never been fan of barney's..
Happy smoken, back doin my favourite thing , an love it still learning, and the information and equipment is definatly improved.
Later

smokey79

smokey79

K
The blast give me a bit more out my bulbs?- way it seems.
Was my first fully loaded grow . And after 7 more years and a wee break am back loving it.
Still learning.
Amazing seen an learned Spain USA .
An lots new genetics however fancy some NL next time.
Stay stoned troops apologise for sounding as happy was stresdo

Top Bottom