anyone know of a diy water cloner build ?

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

I read a thread about a cloner being built out of a colemen cooler , can anyone reccomed a journal on building one , i cannot decide between , 3/4 or 1/2 pvc pipe . I have a 320 gpm mag drive pump , and all the sprayers , just need to know what would be best pipe and weather to use the cooler or the rubermaid tub ?

budboy299

budboy299

Just a slight mod I did for mine.....there is an inside lip in the cooler. A piece of corrugated plastic cut to fit, sits on there nicely. Plus the cooler can continue to be used as a cooler in the future at any time.

Cloner
N

NBfrost

i was wondering what would be the best pvc tubing to use , also wondering how far apart to place the sprayers ?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

a small caveat NB
with that type of cloner, sanitation is mega important
any nasty you may get in there will take out everything

fwiw

budboy299

budboy299

The home depots in my area phased out the tubing that I originally was going to use...CPVC, but they did have schedule 40, 3/4" white PVC tubing so I went with that.
My sprayers are aprox 3" apart. I have a 315 aqua via pump and it supplies enough pressure that the droplets spray 8 or 9 inches from each fitting.
hope this helps -BB

Oh and Wobbly Goblin that is a great mention, thinking about that makes sense. It would be very easy to grow a pathogen in the water. Sanitation is key!

N

NBfrost

by sanitation , you mean make sure everything is super clean ? before i turn it on ? i was wondering how you coupled it to your pump ? with the cpvc ? i have a 320 gpm mag drive u think that would be sufficent for the 3/4 or should i use 1/2

N

NBfrost

should i run anything in the watter or just the jel rooting hormone on the end of the cuttings?

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys...design is just a copy of the guys that went before me.

I run powerclone liquid in mine and get good results. Others run plain water and get good results so anything seems to go.

Oh and home depot sells a fitting with either 1/2" or 3/4" thread for 3/4" PVC pipe. Just glue it on to the tubing and screw your pump on. very easy

Latest posts

Top Bottom