Anyone know of a good Ro Filter?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I want to start using Ro water to filter my tap water alone know what one would be good to get

My tap water is just 80-100ppm
0.2 e.c
I want to use filter as that 0.2 is just wasted e.c and shit i don't need
My tap water had so calcium or magnesium in it from what i can tell pic below if my water values
Screenshot_20220309-223151_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20220309-223135_Drive.jpg

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

80-100? I would be super happy with that. We are on a well and our water comes in at a whopping ~685 PPM.

I bought an RO system that has great reviews, and a dispensary friend of mine uses one and loves it. I have not installed mine yet but will be doing so this week and expect it to meet my needs very well, no pun intended 😁

Hydro-logic Stealth RO 150 w/ Upgraded KDF Carbon Filter

Best of luck and happy growing!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Ye it's low , a few people told me the would love that low from the tap

I just get problems with adding calmag and feed and hihht e.c Just wanted lower sfatuing e.c lol

I'll have a look at that thanks..

Whats your budget? Id be happy with 80-100 tap. Thats really good. No?
20 quid be nice lol but 200-250max don't want to spend it really but want everything to be good for growing the best I can

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'll add my vote to the list of people wishing for your tap water. Here in Phoenix my tap water is 550 ppm - just measured it. I use RO water from an RO system I bought some years back from Costco and installed under my kitchen sink. Pretty standard. I think most household RO systems are about the same, varying mainly by inclusion of some extra filters.

steamroller

steamroller

You will need DI along with the RO to get to zero .
Water pressure will also determine if you need a pump before the unit .
With 80-100 to start without pump and DI you will be about 10 ppm with a good unit .
How much you want to spend ?

Ph 007

Ph 007

You will need DI along with the RO to get to zero .
Water pressure will also determine if you need a pump before the unit .
With 80-100 to start without pump and DI you will be about 10 ppm with a good unit .
How much you want to spend ?
I shall have a look thanks,
If ne3n measuring run off lately till i get it 0.2-0.4 E.c more than in, I got them in flower remember I was off calmag for what looked like iron defficcanys was on 1.6 bottom feed in auto pots anyway not looking thst great and whwre growing slow 3weeks 3 days in flower looked like iron defficcanys yellowig up uppwr growth
Anyway I did a top feed 1.6 Out was 1.2, then fed in 2.0 put 1.3 and now as wr speak im about to it 2.4 in lol crazy I flushed see remmwbr and messed me up and now I'm taking my tap water to 0.4 With calmag first before adding feed, my tap is 0.2 I add 4.5ml of calmag to 10 litres of water to get it to 0.4
So.i ne3d this run off higher and hopefully they will grow better the are looking slightly better already bloody thing e.c.in tho

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I want to start using Ro water to filter my tap water alone know what one would be good to get

My tap water is just 80-100ppm
0.2 e.c
I want to use filter as that 0.2 is just wasted e.c and shit i don't need
My tap water had so calcium or magnesium in it from what i can tell pic below if my water values
View attachment 1232731View attachment 1232732
80-100 is pretty clean,My tap is 140,and my well is 900,but i bought one years ago ,a $400 one for the well and it didn't last more than a cple months and took a very long time to get 5 gallons. A good one costs thousands

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

I know this is an older post---OP probably has this all settled out----but for anyone perusing and looking for a cheap (but really good) RO filter, this is one fits the bill, reviews are full of great info, too :

I'm setting mine up at the hose and plan on filling 3 or 4 five gallon buckets a week to water planters & my cannabis. My thought was just mixing in about 20% of my well water ---so it isn't stripped entirely. My PPM is almost 200 and the first two grows I had root problems at the end (calcium deposit rings around my cloth pots, etc). Didn't help that my watering practices made things worse. Fingers crossed for all of us this year ✌️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I know this is an older post---OP probably has this all settled out----but for anyone perusing and looking for a cheap (but really good) RO filter, this is one fits the bill, reviews are full of great info, too :

I'm setting mine up at the hose and plan on filling 3 or 4 five gallon buckets a week to water planters & my cannabis. My thought was just mixing in about 20% of my well water ---so it isn't stripped entirely. My PPM is almost 200 and the first two grows I had root problems at the end (calcium deposit rings around my cloth pots, etc). Didn't help that my watering practices made things worse. Fingers crossed for all of us this year ✌️
I was looking into an RO system and took recommendations on which one to purchase. The one you posted looks like what I bought. After reading the manual and realizing there is 3.5 gal waste water for every gallon of RO, The filters need replacing regularly & there is a chemical additive to drop the ppm - zero that needs replacing regularly. IT also needs a pre filter before the RO system or you'll go through expensive filters faster & that filter of course needs replacing regularly......

When I got the unit home and looked at the cheap plastic parts, flimsy lines the fact I'd regularly need to buy replacement parts & chemicals along with the cost of the unit the amount of waste water Id go through I found it better to buy zero ppm water @$6 per week in the winter just for my humidifiers than use the cheap RO system....It was returned for a refund.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

80-100? I would be super happy with that. We are on a well and our water comes in at a whopping ~685 PPM.

I bought an RO system that has great reviews, and a dispensary friend of mine uses one and loves it. I have not installed mine yet but will be doing so this week and expect it to meet my needs very well, no pun intended 😁

Best of luck and happy growing!
I've got that exact same unit. It works very well although at 150gpd, it takes a while to fill even a 5 gallon bucket. Keep that in mind and plan accordingly.

Personally at such low ppm and mineral rates, I wouldn't bother filtering it for my plants unless your goal is removing Chloramines which don't evaporate and remain in your water source unless its filtered or neutralized with ascorbic acid (vitamin c).

L

lilymia5

opposite osmosis systems are a number of the exceptional options for your water. The reverse osmosis device inside the 4 level design is a design to help you put off the maximum range of contaminants from your water.The AquaOx WS is a top of the line water softener. it's going to eliminate the calcium and different hard minerals from the water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

opposite osmosis systems are a number of the exceptional options for your water. The reverse osmosis device inside the 4 level design is a design to help you put off the maximum range of contaminants from your water.The AquaOx WS is a top of the line water softener. it's going to eliminate the calcium and different hard minerals from the water.
Never use a water softener when using water for plants. Softeners do NOT eliminate anything the exchange minerals for sodium and while sodium is a micro nutrient they do not tolerate sodium well in those concentrations

Latest posts

Top Bottom