Anyone know the HG coco NPK?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

Ive used HG for awhile it works wonderfully imo, but now I am trying to customize it more for the strains I have. I have a couple of sativas that hate the high N late in flower and get the super claw haha

I was wondering if anyone has the correct NPK Ca Mg S %s so i can put it in the cannastats calculator.

I looked on the coco containers and its all in tenths of a % now. such as there Coco A is .3-0-.3 and doesnt even give the Ca % even though calcium nitrate is one of the ingreidents. Its even worse for the B which is .1-.3-.6 with Mg as .8 and no S indication even though magnesium sulfate is in there.

I was thinking maybe its just 3-0-3 and 1-3-6 with actually .8% MG (otherwise thats a ton of Mg) an they are trying to be sneaky or somehting. and I know Calcium nitrate has a pretty close N to Ca ratio so around 3% Ca

If anyone has any solid info on this id love to know Im trying to put together a ratio more specific to my plants or one where I need not add Calmag+ in RO if possible. thanks all!! :)

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

really? i wonder if thats a typo, its the first number x 0.1. mine says A 3.9-0-3.3 B 1.5-3.4-6.1 w/.8%mg. bootleg?

ive done similar to what youre refering to, running a 3:2 in veg to get more N

K

kushtrees

I doubt its bootleg my hydro store is pretty legit. I know that HG has made typos before and recently changed up some of their labling.

If thats the analysis on your bottles it seems right to me from some of the older ones I had. I will be checking the bottles at the store next time im there to see if I can find it. I also plan on calling HG hopefully theyll be nice enough to tell me the whole line up of elements haha

J

Jalisco Kid

If it is not listed you will need the weight of the bottle also to run in the calc. JK

I have use just aqua flakes B for my sats.

K

kushtrees

good to know JK ill try using just B I was worried about a poor ratio of elements using just B but it should work fine at least after week 5

on the cal fertilizer database website (theres a link to it in a thread here) i looked up th HG bases and they are all now like .1-.3-.6 so its not bootleg thank god

M

max_well

H&G coco nutes

There are some more details here from someone who was in communication with reps at H&G... sure seems they have had labeling confusions :
http://couchlockcafe.com/archive/index.php/t-2683.html
Looking at the fertilizer database
You can find House&Garden products under the sneaky alias "Allied Imports and Logistics". They have 3 different COCOS A and COCOS B products listed ??? ?

Assuming the A: 3.9-0-3.3 , B: 1.5-3.4-6.1 is the product currently for sale in the US, the combination of A and B in equal amounts gives us 5.4-3.4-9.4, which provides a profile of (using 8 ml/gallon):
N: 114 ppm
P: 32 ppm
K: 165 ppm
(here's a handy online calculator: ).

If Mg is 0.8%, we will have ~ 17 ppm , which is probably lower than optimal.
So the addition of Epsom salts would be recommended if using r/o water.

The profile for AquaFlakes is (8ml/gal A&B):
N: 112 ppm

P: 40
 ppm
K: 200 ppm

Mg: 16
 ppm

So the only real difference here is decreased K for the coco formula, which makes sense considering the K buffering properties of coco. Ca is not listed on the product label.. however maybe it is enhanced for the coco formula considering the CEC of coco at the need for extra Ca typically?

This coco formula is close to the 3/1/4 ppm ratio of N/P/K that some cannabis tissue analysis has suggested to be a good standard ratio for veg through flower (some good threads on this concept here and on other forums).
check out Jack's Professional Hydro + Cal Nitrate ()
With 3.0 g per gallon of Jacks and 1.8 g per gallon of Calcium Nitrate we get
N...113
P.....41
K....171
Ca...90
Mg...50
S.....65

which is real close to H&G coco numbers, with no mystery of about Ca and Mg, and no doubt a lot cheaper

K

kushtrees

hey maxwell thats the site I found the formulas on as well but they have multiple cocos there so not sure which one is current or why they are messing with there labling but that is the same ratio as my old bottles so I guess ill try that in the nute calc...

yea been wanting to try jacks for awhile since that thread was started about it looks spot on to me just need to get around to buyng some haha

Top Bottom