Anyone know the pH of pH Down?

• Thread starter Shlep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shlep

Shlep

I'm trying to test my pH meter and I need something to 'test' it with ASAP. Any ideas that work? ;)

Habosabin

Habosabin

You should get a calibration solution which is 7.0. My tester shows about 1.4 in ph down.

My storage solution is ph 4. You need to get a storage solution or your sensor will dry out.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Be sure to rinse that ph down off your sensor when you are done.

Shlep

Shlep

You should get a calibration solution which is 7.0. My tester shows about 1.4 in ph down.

My storage solution is ph 4. You need to get a storage solution or your sensor will dry out.
Thanks... I'll try to calibrate it. I had some solution, but who knows where it went. lol

Habosabin

Habosabin

Thanks... I'll try to calibrate it. I had some solution, but who knows where it went. lol
I think you can use distilled water as a temp solution. I just like the storage solution that has a known ph. That way you know when you are drifting.

Shlep

Shlep

Mine says .93
I use drops most of the time. I'm pretty close using my eyes and it's been reliable. Digital is more precise, but, I don't run a lab, so....

Habosabin

Habosabin

L
Mine says .93
I use drops most of the time. I'm pretty close using my eyes and it's been reliable. Digital is more precise, but, I don't run a lab, so....
Ya, any residual solution on the sensor will throw off the initial reading especially if the amount tested is small. I didn't use a lot of ph down to test it with. It's probably in the 1 range.

Top Bottom