Anyone know what these things are between the jagged edges of one of the first leaves?

• Thread starter Diverge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Diverge

First time grower, in the early stages, and noticed something odd that none of my buddies can identify. It's only happening to 1 of the first 2 single leaves. For the most part, I think the rest of the plant looks okay (at least to me).

Can anyone tell me what is going on between the leaf edges of this one leaf? Is it some sort of plant growth, or possibly a fungus? If it is bad, how should I go about removing it?

Anyone know what these things are between the jagged edges of one of the first leaves

Anyone know what these things are between the jagged edges of one of the first leaves 2

Anyone know what these things are between the jagged edges of one of the first leaves 3
Anyone know what these things are between the jagged edges of one of the first leaves 4

D

Diverge

What are you feeding? Lights?
Lights are kind led x420 in 4x2' tent. Feeding them lotus grow. Have a Hanna Growline monitor going 24/7 reading 6.2pH, 1.3 EC, water temp 68F. Using an 18/6 light cycle. I been trying to keep pH around 6. Once close to 6.3 I using some down pH to bring close to 6.0. Tent air temps around 73-74 during days, dropping to 66 during dark period.

Humidity is a little on low side around 50%ish w/ my humidifier outside my tent sucking in humidified air through a filtered air intake for my exhaust fan which is controlled via AC Infinity 67 controller.

During the first week I probably stressed the plants some with higher air and water temps. But I've since lowered my ambient temps for better control.

Do I need to be concerned about whatever those growth things are on that one leaf? Should I try to remove the growths or the leaf?

D

Diverge

I'm using a Superponics 16. I realize not the most ideal setup, so I only ever plan to use 2 ports of it. I'll probably change it up after my first grow, as I'm a DIYer and like building and improving stuff.

Screenshot 20220329 080659
dukewright

dukewright

They look like spurious leaves, probably a benign stress response, but may be genetic.
If they showed other signs of genetic malformation, I’d pitch them in the bin.

D

Diverge

There hasn't been anything odd since that one leaf. The plant is doing pretty good I think. Some of the fan leaves are at least 10 inches in size. The plant keeps getting wider and wider each morning. I'm torn on if I should use a trellis and attempt to train them since they are autos and this is my first go. Don't want to risk stress setting them back with a timer I can't control.
Screenshot 20220409 121837

Top Bottom