Anyone know what this could be?

• Thread starter Cjr22288
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cjr22288

Cjr22288

Plants are in early flowering stage, and new lower growth seems to be wilting/spotting as seen in pictures. If anyone knows what this could be please let me know,. It would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone know what this could be
Anyone know what this could be 2
Anyone know what this could be 3
Anyone know what this could be 4
Anyone know what this could be 5
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Are your leaves wet or are they always this glossy? Often, a nitrogen overage can cause shiny leaves but doesn't usually affect new growth like you are seeing. Have you treated them with anything, or what are you feeding?

Judaz

Judaz

You guys should read my thread on epigenetics effects causing cannabis mutations from stress. Something we are starting to see more and more on older clones. A phenomena creating duds.

Judaz

Judaz

Yes I looked up the broad mites topic as well and there is speculation that they can be the carriers of the hplvd virus. I was aware of viruses effecting cannabis plants but this hplvd virus is like the hiv of cannabis plants. Plants may look normal and have the virus but when they go through stress the full blown aids can develop and that’s when you see he mutants. Disease is passed mostly through propagation. Taking cuttings and getting the equipment with plant juice and then spreading it. And the stress ties to the epigenetics aspect of plants mutating. They saying that the virus concentration is most prominent towards the bottom of the plants and that’s where the branch bowing usually starts until it looks like a full blown creeper mutant. This is some serious stuff and it can effect the cannabis market drastically if it’s not addressed and handled properly. I’m going to send a sample to the lab of all my cuts and see which ones have it. I know for sure the og’s most likely have it as they are the ones that are most sensitive to diseases.

Judaz

Judaz

There is hope in cannabis tissue culture. A propagation technique other than seeds and cloning to keep your genetics. If affected by virus. You must send a few cuts to the lab and they can reproduce clones with this technique. Returning clean cuts in the process. You obviously have to get rid of all your plants and start new mothers from cuts taken with this technique before you can resume normal cloning procedures

N

nicolajanjak

heard of these duds stories .. never saw that here is that a USA exclusive plague ?

Judaz

Judaz

heard of these duds stories .. never saw that here is that a USA exclusive plague ?

yes the duds story started coming about a around 5 years ago when growers were starting to see duds or mutant like plants from same mother plant after cloning. Eventually becoming worse in the process producing more duds over time. Now this is being linked to hplvd viroid as the cause of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have any zoomed out pics? It looks very over fed.

Top Bottom