anyone know what this is?

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

my buddy's having some trouble with his room. slowed growth and a bright yellowing on some leafs. he has been doing the same style for about 4yrs now but the last 2 grows he has had this problem

Anyone know what this is
Anyone know what this is 2
Anyone know what this is 3
Anyone know what this is 4
Anyone know what this is 5
homebrew420

homebrew420

Looks like iron def to me. Where on the plant is that happening? Top? Bottom?

M

mrdizzle

its a pretty bright yellow too, the pics dont show that great

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
up top how close to the light what size bulb? i see purple stems so im thinking deficiency as well. do you use cal-mag? it is a great product and has iron in it as well. the reason i asked how close to the light and bulb size is maybe light bleaching as well.

D

DrDanko

I'm with Kid Twist on this one. Same thought process. How close to the light(guessing this isn't the issue since he sounds like an experienced grower). I had some similar issues my last run, probably caused by my longer than expected veg period. I picked up some Cal-Mag and in about 3-4 days they were all better. I also started using HygoZyme at the same time, and think that definitely helped with efficient up-take of nutes. Good luck and keep us informed. DrD.

M

mrdizzle

haha he uses cal-mag, i dont think its bleaching either, major growth slowing. I was thinkin it could be something in his water because he doesnt have this issuse in his other room but the water comes from a spiket in the garage and the shitty room is from a shower head

M

Mr.LovaLova

I would go out on a limb and say too much mag ... if your plant gets too much mag it can lock out other trace minerals like iron. How often does he flush? Has he changed his feeding regiment over the last 2 grows? If he keeps detailed feeding records you can probally pin-point the problem

B

burnonedown21

it looks like its definitely a nutrient deficiency to me judging from how the yellowing starts at the inside of the leaves and works its way out to the veins. probably a mag deficiency. Try misting with epsom salt and water and see if that helps. If that doesnt help then i would just start watering with the water from the garage source.

S

saltr

Considering cal-mag is already is use, i'd step-out on that limb with Mr. Lova's thinking of a mag overdose causing lockout of iron and zinc. Also, considering the different sources of water, the shower head could be latent with excess mag particles; along this line, the shower head could also house excess chlorine, causing a possible chlorine toxicity in the plant (if the water isn't stilled). i'd be interested in an EC comparison of the two water sources.

K

kushpheen

Does he have a decent water filter, if not start there. Flush, and then restart with a solid complete nutrient like gh or botanicare minus the cal/mag. See if growth starts to green again. Also he might want to try H&G's magic green foliar spray, that shit turns smurfs into leprechauns.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Use RO water phed to 6.5 and add cal mag and I bet your problem goes away.

20north

most likely you dont have enough calmag or your not flushing enough are you in transition to flower is this just happening when you flip the lights and not going away .. calmag again

M

Mr.LovaLova

I like that idea also saltr ... I would be curious as what the difference in EC is between the 2 sources. BTW Mr.Dizzle your grow is looking good ...

S

Sway

hey diz, looks like chlorine bro... you cant run tap water these days. tell him to get a water filter and his problem will go away. his plants will be much happier too.. or he can try and sit out the water before he uses it for 24hours, but it still wont get all the chlorine out.

S

spinkus

Maybe potassium??

Having to little of Potassium in your plants causes the plants leaves to show retarded growth and show a scorched tip and edges around the leaves. Plants may stretch and your branches can be easily broken or weak. Don’t get this deficiency confused with iron, because it almost acts like iron but to tell the difference in the two is: for potassium the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die. Older leaves may show a red color and leaves could curl upwards. Dead patches (Necrosis) can happen on the margins of larger fan leaves thus, the leaves will eventually die off and turn brown.

Taken from mynamestitch's complete guide. Dunno though, just a thought...

M

mrdizzle

i personally think its the water source, cuz he aint new to the game and his other room nevre has a problem. he is chopping in a couple days so i will talk him into buying my extra tall boy i got for his next run hahahaha thanks for the responses fellas

Top Bottom