Anyone know what this leaf curl is from?!?

• Thread starter punaboi808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
punaboi808

punaboi808

This leaf curl started up about two days ago...plants are in 100gl smart pots, 420 Recipe soil, added in high nitrogen bat guano/seabird, greensand, bio-rice, plant success microbes, n some Dr. Earth 4-4-4. They get fed teas too but not for over a month now (figured the soil is hot enough)....spray with Azamax n Safer's Mildew Cure about every 2 weeks. Curls only on new growth...using well water 7.0 ph...please help...BLESS

Anyone know what this leaf curl is from
Anyone know what this leaf curl is from 2
Anyone know what this leaf curl is from 3
Anyone know what this leaf curl is from 4

SunGrown

SunGrown

use a scope and check for bugs such as thrips, russet mites, etc...just a possibility, they don't look heat stressed to me.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I always see that when the rh is low and I'm pushing them to the max with nutrients; I assumed/read/heard somewhere that it's a transpiration issue. However, some kushes seem to do that no matter what and still produce quality.
I call it "canoeing"; I didn't invent the term but it may help with a Google search.

vaporedout

vaporedout

or ive heard of taco-ing leaves. most likely heat stress

putembk

putembk

I seem to get leaf curl (canoeing) the las 10 days or so in flower. It only happens on the very top leaves so am pretty sure it's heat stress. All leaves are still reaching for the lights so am thinking it is ok.

punaboi808

punaboi808

Thank everyone, yea im thinking it was the heat wave we had just wasn't sure, the heat stress im use to seeing is in very humid conditions, nearly opposite frm where i am now. Was mostly the God's Diesels acting up...just upped there watering and misting. Weather cooled down the last few days too so there gettin over it from what i see.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey guys i was wondering if heat stress can cause the curl in the leaves like that also can heat stress cause lease to yellow and brown up and die off? thx

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

well shit i guess i better geta thermometer in there cause my shit is like dyeing and i have no clue y, i changed my res nothing is out of whack, ph 5.7 ppm 430ish at 3 weeks oldbeen staying there for a cpl days and they just keep getting worse, res temp is like 30 C i know thats a lil high i dunno how to cool it down... except for a water cooler, which i cant really afford atm...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

well shit i guess i better geta thermometer in there cause my shit is like dyeing and i have no clue y, i changed my res nothing is out of whack, ph 5.7 ppm 430ish at 3 weeks oldbeen staying there for a cpl days and they just keep getting worse, res temp is like 30 C i know thats a lil high i dunno how to cool it down... except for a water cooler, which i cant really afford atm...

Bottles of frozen water in the reservoir.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

now thats a good way to do it now isnt it... imma have fun tryin to figure out how many bottles for how many hrs and such lmao thx for letting me know that idea that, now i gotta go a hunting for the correct temps, i know i saw em somewhere just gotta search for em THANK YOU

R

Rasta Man

does anyone else see leaf curl from to strong a fan blowing onto the leaves?

jammie

jammie

It's not the direct air blowing on them as much as the low humidity in the air. I solved that problem by putting my humidifier in front of my intake fan

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

that leaf curl is from too low of humidity for the temperature at the leaf surface. More humidity helps.

Hot, less humid environments are also desired by multiple mite species. When a plant has a large colony of russet mites, this is the plant's first reaction. Definitely want to be safe and scope the petioles of the leaves for russets. They look like maggots and their favorite place to hang out is in the "palm" of the petiole where are all the leaf blades meet.

R

Rasta Man

im not saying your problem was due to to much air, its just a general question to the other guys on this thread ?

Brodee

Brodee

When i sprayed Azamax at 2 oz per gallon my leaves got dark looked like nitrogen burn, they curled and got bloated and stopped drinking water. SUCKS

Top Bottom