Anyone know what this leaf curl is

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I have some leafe curl

Maybe early sigh if over feed?

I'm 3rd week into flower on 1.2 e.c canna nutrients in coco.

My tap water is 0 ec then I add feed so it's 100% feed to 1.2e.c

Anyone know what this leaf curl is
Anyone know what this leaf curl is 2
Anyone know what this leaf curl is 3

Ben çiçeklenme 40. gününde yaşıyorum. Bir hafta önce, benzer bir eğri vardı. Besinlerin fazlalığından ve suyun pH'ından şüpheleniyorum. Saf su ile yıkamaya başladım ve beslenmeyi bıraktım

Ph 007

Ph 007

She just is getting a little too much. Lower the ec. Maybe run some fresh water through first to runoff to help clear the excess and waste.
I'm bottom feeding. Because when I top free I seek to over water , do you think bottom flush will work,

Also flush just water or bit of feed?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm bottom feeding. Because when I top free I seek to over water , do you think bottom flush will work,

I dont bottom feed or grow in coco so lets wait for some coco growers to chime in.

Ph 007

Ph 007

No go through the top
OK so me bottom feeding is causing salt build up quicker and that might be me over feed problem?

What about if you had the feed spot on or even little less do u even need to flush ? Or will coco still get build up?
Am I right that coco gets salt build up more than soil?

Also what you think about this i don't under stand myself
My first grow 2 plants I bottom fed and flushed all way through the grow
I flushed fed flushed fed flushed fed all from bottom, when i fed it was 1.2/1.4
and the flushes where just pH water the plants had a lot of yellow leave's and light green leaf all way through the grow they plants looked sick but I had 7 oz dry a plant..

Im driving myself mad
I mstuck and overthinking things
Do I flush top.or bottom do I flush just pH water or a low feed like 0.4e.c
Is one one flush to run off enough
So one flush from top 1/2 litres then back to my feed then repeat the flush every week? Lol I got notes coming out my ass on things to try have tried and to try lol

Now I just bottom fees and top flush once a week and getting 3 oz dry a plant

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Bottom feeding will have a water level that develops in the medium. What ebb and flow guys deal with. Overtime it can lead to buildup. Not to mention once you get a buildup it's almost like a barrier for wicking. you feed from the top to flush all that to the bottom and out. If you bottom feed, and u can nothing wrong with that, you need to make sure to flush from the top occasionally to avoid this.

Coco doesn't inherantly get more buildup then soil. You generally feed coco more then soil but also water more so it's a trade-off. With more nutes going in you have to be more dialed to avoid problems.

Me personally I will never give coco plants a "flush" without nutes till they are done. IMO it causes more problems then it helps. You can dilute you feed some but I would never give them plain water unless it was time to chop them.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Ok thanks
I don't feed to wast. Should I flush at 0.4 e.c or higher?

Remember me lol it was calmag and over watering before, lol

And is just one top feed flush enough should I measure the e.c

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah 0.4 is fine. I member 😁. Try 1 and see where you are at. Just remember measuring runoff might not be the ec or pH in the actual medium. It's an ok guideline to give you an idea but it's not the end to all end of fig out what is going on in the medium.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Haha though you would remember I remember you buddy obviously, and the help in the past as well thank you your a star

Just one more question if you can , sorry I know im asking a lot,,

I'm using my auto pot trays so any run off doesn't go to wast i let then drink it is this OK

Ph 007

Ph 007

For you guys to have a giggle my notes from tonight , I literally have notes coming out my ass from over thinking things and worrying Ill forget.
not good for you
IMG 20191009 001445

just ohil

just ohil

flushing is done from the top... there isnt a way to "wash out the stuff if you dont pour water through the top."

Ph 007

Ph 007

I see a lot of little white spots on those leaves, have you checked for bugs?
Ow I definitely have bugs, thrips they have, iv had then for a good year they some and go iv use chemical spray and predators, the fuckers keep coming back..
Iv also had tinny white bugs the jump about.in the runoff and I can see them climbing about over the top of the medium.. Not sure what they are rho in need do some reading..

The lead cupping I'm getting I'm sure its either wind burn or over feed, but iv upper the feed lately and its not got worst and the plants seem to be linking the extra food..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The tiny white jumping bugs are likely springtails they won't hurt your plants but there are bugs that can cause that type of a leaf curl and they usually cause it towards the top of the plant which is what I see in your plant I would check for mites good luck

Ph 007

Ph 007

The tiny white jumping bugs are likely springtails they won't hurt your plants but there are bugs that can cause that type of a leaf curl and they usually cause it towards the top of the plant which is what I see in your plant I would check for mites good luck
Thanks. Ye they where springtails,
I'll have do have a closer look I didn't know bugs can cause leaf cupping.
I know I have thrips for sure.

But I'll check for different bugs TMZ when light comes on, I upped the feed as the looked underfed, they liked this so don't think I was over feeding. And I'm starting to think its not the fan as its pointing away now and its never caused problems if past.

So bugs maybe like your said,,
so spider mites you mean ? Can thrips cause this do you know, I'm googleing leaf cupping and bugs now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

P
Ow I definitely have bugs, thrips they have, iv had then for a good year they some and go iv use chemical spray and predators, the fuckers keep coming back..
Iv also had tinny white bugs the jump about.in the runoff and I can see them climbing about over the top of the medium.. Not sure what they are rho in need do some reading..

The lead cupping I'm getting I'm sure its either wind burn or over feed, but iv upper the feed lately and its not got worst and the plants seem to be linking the extra food..
I see the thrip damage. I'm not positive but in your bottom picture I think I see mite damage too? Mites can cause exactly that type of damage at the new growth tops, so definitely check it out. To my knowledge thrips do not cause that type of damage

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

P

I see the thrip damage but in your bottom picture I think I see mite damage too? Mites can cause exactly that type of damage at the new growth tops, so definitely check it out. To my knowledge thrips do not cause that type of damage
OK thanks I shall look tomorrow , do you know a name of the type of mite that can cause this?

I was googling about mites can find anything that looks like my leaves, if.I find bugs I can loom through bug pictures and do it that way..

I'm now looking at rwdc systems online lol

Top Bottom