Anyone know whats going on here? Deficiency or excess?

• Thread starter Oldlank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldlank

Oldlank

Can anyone tell me what is causing the yellowing in the leaf margins and veins? I am using Humboldts secret A and B, calmag, and sweet sticky. The tips are yellow as well which would lead me to think it is excess nitrogen...? Water pH 6.0. I have also heard of a nutrient block caused by excess so maybe I should just be flushing at this point? Thanks for the help
Anyone know whats going on here deficiency or excess

Oldlank

Oldlank

overwatering
Ok, so I am letting it dry out completely between watering. Usually every 2 days. With other plants over watering causes the leaves to curl up. Not seeing that here. Any more info would be great. Thanks for the reply.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
No, over watered leaves do not curl up, the leaf tips curl down as the leaf fills with water, which in turn messes up transpiration rates, that leaves to much water in the medium, which affects uptake, and it snowballs from there.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Over watered

IMG 8553
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Underwatered, a dry back wilt occurs….

IMG 8554
Oldlank

Oldlank

So typically do you let it go a few days completely dry before another watering? After looking at my nutrient bottles I realize I am not getting hardly any micros. I thought it had everything I needed. Thanks for the info. At this point in the grow is it too late to do anything for this plant or do I just learn from this mistake for the next one.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So typically do you let it go a few days completely dry before another watering? After looking at my nutrient bottles I realize I am not getting hardly any micros. I thought it had everything I needed. Thanks for the info. At this point in the grow is it too late to do anything for this plant or do I just learn from this mistake for the next one.
Well, the plant has its deficiencies, but that by no means says all is lost. Watering practices is something that you get good at with time. now with the stage your plant is at, it’s on the p&k end of the spectrum nutrition wise. Pot weight, even a good bit before a dry back wilt occurs, the plants pot will fill like it’s filled with styrofoam, or close to, that’s when you want to water. Slowly, saturating the entire medium. Since you are on flower nutrients, you can go the dry amendment route to try and boost some n while keeping on track with bloom nutes, but you are pretty far along for those to have any real effect. @BudzAldrin is onto something, the increased yellowing is most likely due to a lack of uptake causing deficiency in some of them key fertz. Always stay learning bud. But finish her out. You could add some veg nutes into your next feed to try and green it up some….

Top Bottom