anyone know where i can find blueberry seeds?

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

i tried searching the bay but didnt have any luck..i'm looking for the "real" blueberry strain, not the stuff people go around saying its blueberry when its just crap... Please help point me towards someone lol..i REALLY want to get my hands on some

treebark1950

treebark1950

I've not had success with dj short.
I had a 5 pack of djs blueberry hermy on me...

S

spunion

I've heard straight Blueberry is one of the most finicky strains and its recommended to get 3-4 packs if you want to find a true keeper.

B

Bluenote

Yes Blueberry can be a bit finicky , and though yes I do like D.J. Shorts Blueberry it's *not* the original. And by the way not all blueberry cuts are Indica , there's still a nice Blueberry sativa floatinf around NorCal , Oregon and Wash.

The Oregon Blueberry ( I've got seed on it) is decidely different than the DJ SHorts version and shows a much more Sativa influence both in growth pattern and effect.

B

Bluenote

By the way , if you like to play pollen chucker DJ Short's Blueberry is worth keeping around just based on it's genetic potential , I already posted this in another thread but here's an example........ right after one of my torture tests to see how much she'd take.

And yeah I went through quite some selection process with the Barneys Farm seed.........came close to tossing it the way I did their Tangerine Dream. It's a keeper now though.

DJ Shorts Blueberry x Barneys Farm Blue Cheese

Picture 058
I

ismokepot

It appears that most breeders use DJ's Blueberry to breed with so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me too. I've grown it numerous times, but not lately, and it is tough to get right. I think it likes low levels of fertilizer if I remember correctly.

Pick wisely grasshopper!

Oh, and Dutch Passions hermied for me like no plant I ever had before.

B

Bluenote

It appears that most breeders you DJ's Blueberry to breed with so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me too. I've grown it numerous times, but not lately, and it is tough to get right. I think it likes low levels of fertilizer if I remember correctly.

Pick wisely grasshopper!

Oh, and Dutch Passions hermied for me like no plant I ever had before.

Exactly........just as with the good Brown Thai or a straight Afghani , it improves most everything I've *ever* crossed it to.

For me it's been less finicky by far than any given O.G. and certain TrainWreck crosses , it does like a light but fairly *steady* diet in my experience , I cut the nitrogen back a little later in flower than with certain other strains and it likes more molasses and responds quite well to a tpering flush with molasses at the end stage.

I'm taking the Toxic Punch ( NorCal clone only not to be confused with MotaRebel's strain of the same name) two ways , one to DJShorts BlueBerry and one to Blue Widow ( doubling up on both the WW and BB in th latter and bringing the Blueberry up past 50% in the former.....TP being a WW over Csey Jones to DJ Shorts BB) , got some other schemes cooking too. The '91 Mango is going to get in the mix somewhere here soon.

I

ismokepot

Hey Blue.........sounds like you got some killer crosses happening there buddy. Good luck with them!

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I had some Blue Mystic awile back that had a really great blueberry smell,people would think I was carrying some blueberry muffins in my pocket everytime I had a sack on me!I culled her tho for I no longer had room and she was a 10-11 weeker but yielded very nice! There were the first seeds I bought and found a keeper out of 1 lone 5 pack of feminised seeds! There real cheap and maybe worth a try again in the future for me! That's actually her in my profile pic ran outdoors during the Fall last year!!

B

Bluenote

Hey Blue.........sounds like you got some killer crosses happening there buddy. Good luck with them!

I'm pragmatic , it will be 18 months to 2 years down the road before they *really* work out beyond just the initial crosses. Gut feeling , the BB cross will be fairly homogenous and BB dominant , the BW cross is likely to throw several different phenos from mild to wild , sorting through those could take a while and once that's done I'll have to inbreed or backcross , though it's not nearly as scatterbred as it looks if one looks beyond the first two generations.

Here's a trick that often works when lining down the breeding on a potential cross , utilise a 4-8 generation canine or equine pedigree sheet , it will give you a better fix on where the genetics lead back to than the usual square systems.

And in reality breeding a plant of any sort to perform is no different than breeding performance stock in an animal endeavor , inbreeding , linebreeding backcrossing , outcrossing...they are all equally applicable to plants.

And the same exact pitfalls apply , you can breed so tight that you HAVE to go "out" to restore vigor , conversely you can scatterbreed so badly that it's well night impossible to identify where recessives with a negative impast are coming from and cull them from your "bloodlines".

An example....I completely bred out the maternally linked genetically carried Demodectic Mange ( autoimmune system deficiency) in A specific bloodline of Leopard Curs ( Catahoulas)...simplistically speaking if a bitch threw pups that showed Demo she didn't ever get bred again , nor would her progeny ever be bred and all her sisters or half sisters descending from her dam (mother) became suspect.

Where am I going with this...........when selecting some folks won't track the clones of the individual mothers , this is key to the selection process , and don't get too silly-happy off the first set of clones off a given mother , wait a bit , take another coupe of sets and see how the performance holds up or indeed if it does...........

H

him

wow, its pretty interesting to see how much thought goes into making some of these strains, nice post

Top Bottom