Anyone know which school or place is the best to learn how to blow glass?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just thought it would be a good or interesting profession. I imagine if you end up being good at it that there would be a high demand for your pipes and bongs.
I still have a good set of lungs so thought it would a cool profession to learn.
Don't know what places are good or bad to learn from.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

good question bump ...something we would like to learn as well

forsaken

forsaken

A great skill to learn..

The best bong I've ever smoked out of was a hand blown hard glass bong. Smooth smoke. Round bottom, but weighted perfectly so it couldn't fall over.

FloridaWeed

FloridaWeed

I recently visited Seattle and came across a great place to learn glass blowing:

Seattle Glassblowing Studio
2227 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

I melt things. Here's a good place for what you're looking for:

LSG

LSG

The best way to learn is buying a small mixed fuel torch and setting up a home studio. You can get a Bethlehem Alpha for fairly cheap, and upgrade later. There are also small GTT torches that are great to learn on. It's a fun medium to work with, it's best to have consistent practice to get a hang of motions and whatnot, constantly keeping the glass in motion. It cost me about $4000 give or take to buy a beth alpha, a good sized paragon kiln, graphite tools, glass, frit, etc. from Sundance Glass's website. Don't bother with the O2 concentrators, not only are they loud, but they do not provide the airflow advertised.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I've been such a fan of all the popular glass artists over the years this year I plan on attending a school. Love me some reetz, Delong, gateson, sable, gong, krunk, roads, yoshi, slinger, snic, kobuki, joe p, wjc, the list goes on and on

Latest posts

Top Bottom