Anyone know why my seedlings are leggy

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Its not the solo cup, its the Ocean Forest. They’re fine, the soil is specifically formulated for cannabis but it runs hot in nitrogen for seedlings. I use Happy Frog then transplant to ocean forest and still get dark slightly clawed leaves.
FE96D4BD 0CA1 4C03 80AE 2C9F5E35AA63
B5D87487 B1EC 47A0 A5AB 8252718996DE
F5CC4E74 3DAC 4350 9A47 5977CA8787F4

Edit: yeah that cup was dry, 135 grams

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe i confused you with another. Start at 100 and let them grow into it. Just put both switches on and back it off to 100ppfd they will grow into the light.

sorry if i said that i was wrong, sometimes i get confused when helping a few ppl.

Also the more holes in that cup the better. O2 exchange happens from exposure of the soil to air

NapkinB

NapkinB

Maybe i confused you with another. Start at 100 and let them grow into it. Just put both switches on and back it off to 100ppfd they will grow into the light.

sorry if i said that i was wrong, sometimes i get confused when helping a few ppl.

Also the more holes in that cup the better. O2 exchange happens from exposure of the soil to air
They were getting really leggy when they were further away

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were getting really leggy when they were further away
Like i told you its not the intensity im pretty sure i said that before and said to back the light off. I don’t remember saying that high but if i did i was thinking of someone else.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say almost every bee grower i see is pounding the shit out of seedlings because they think they are stretching. Thats the way they grow it ABSOLUTELY normal and some genetics are worse than others. If anything its spectrum related IF IT DOES OCCUR.

i have NEVER seen on here or in person a seedling stretch under an a light source…..EVER.

i have seen one seedling from a window and seen my own stretch due to plant hormones…. Namely triacontanol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im to busy to look back but thats why i was so easily triggered about that video and made the bafoon comment. Its like so hard to watch this mistake over and over again

Madbud

Madbud

9 times more P than K and double Ca than N is the right formulae for cannabis?!?
And this is the first nute in FF’s system

There’s a reason FF is number 1 in marketshare, it works, especially for first-timers.

NapkinB

NapkinB

? If I turn on bloom I have to bring the light 40 inches away for them to be at 3500 Lux.
My light can only go 36 inches away from them in this ten
Like i told you its not the intensity im pretty sure i said that before and said to back the light off. I don’t remember saying that high but if i did i was thinking of someone else.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say almost every bee grower i see is pounding the shit out of seedlings because they think they are stretching. Thats the way they grow it ABSOLUTELY normal and some genetics are worse than others. If anything its spectrum related IF IT DOES OCCUR.

i have NEVER seen on here or in person a seedling stretch under an a light source…..EVER.

i have seen one seedling from a window and seen my own stretch due to plant hormones…. Namely triacontanol
I put the light very far away and turned on bloom just now. They are at 3000 Lux is that okay. That’s the highest my light can really go above them so with bloom switch on they can’t really go below 3000lux

NapkinB

NapkinB

My light can only go 36 inches away from them in this ten

I put the light very far away and turned on bloom just now. They are at 3000 Lux is that okay. That’s the highest my light can really go above them so with bloom switch on they can’t really go below 3000lux
Nevermind. I was only measuring the lux when the whole tent is open. It’s different when closed. My lux will only go down to 4000 when I have the bloom switch on and they’re at the top of the tent.

NapkinB

NapkinB

Thats what happened when I turned the bloom switch on and moved the light 4 feet away.

NapkinB

NapkinB

I can keep them at 2100 Lux as the lowest with bloom switch off and the light at the top of the tent

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I don't think lifting the light to 40" from 20" would make them droop that fast. You could always bring the light down a couple inches at a time every couple hours until it looks like they turn their leaves up slightly. What are you measuring lux with? If it's a phone app, perhaps it doesn't work well or the meter needs to be calibrated?

Latest posts

Top Bottom