Anyone own a Trolmaster hydro x??

• Thread starter TheConnection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheConnection

TheConnection

Hey guys just purchased this Trolmaster hydro x Controller and I have no idea how to set the fricken thing to turn my lights on/off period.

It is suppose to turn certain devices on when it reaches certain parameters but it doesn’t .... anyone know how the f to fix this ? Or possibly give me some feedback bc I’m having a wee bit trouble thanks!

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Do u have it connect to your light already? Did u buy the adapter

TheConnection

TheConnection

It is connected to my light and I bought the adapter as well.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

When u go in settings the lighting om you times it's military time so check that first. And if it's 1am, don't have it turn on at 1200pm, (as if u are trying to turn it on right now) have it set 4 min out of whatever time l u have on ur controller

TheConnection

TheConnection

So check military off? They turn on 6am turn off 12pm . Seedlings stage at the moment. EST is what in Universal time ? Why 4 minutes past the actual time is that what works for trolmaster?

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Make sure the adapter is connected to line 1. Go in ur setting to line 1.
Select mode: hid or led
Select level : depending on light no lower that 50% (my gavita led don't don't lower than 50%)
Select on: this is in military time u can't change that mode
Select off : same thing military time only

U can also change sun rise time. This is activated from the on time. Id u have it at 15 minute it will slowly go up in intensity. I have mine 10.

If u did all this and they don't turn unplug the lights to the controller and try to just see if they power on without controller.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Also make sure your time on the system is correct military time

TheConnection

TheConnection

So I unplugged the rj11 cable I had coming from My growers choice Lights to the trolmaster light adapter and used an RJ12 cable instead and it worked perfectly .

Weird though when youselect 40% dim on Light dial manually It’s brighter than what the trolmaster dims it at 40% FYI . Dropped my ppfd down from 286 to 77 lol so I upped it to 50% via trolmaster and it brought my pods up to 177ish so needless to say it’s now working but thought I’d bring up that last visual in case anyone else comes acrossthis similar issue .

TC

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

So I unplugged the rj11 cable I had coming from My growers choice Lights to the trolmaster light adapter and used an RJ12 cable instead and it worked perfectly .

Weird though when youselect 40% dim on Light dial manually It’s brighter than what the trolmaster dims it at 40% FYI . Dropped my ppfd down from 286 to 77 lol so I upped it to 50% via trolmaster and it brought my pods up to 177ish so needless to say it’s now working but thought I’d bring up that last visual in case anyone else comes acrossthis similar issue .

TC

Awesome glad u found the issue. I actually had the same issue with gavita and the rj11 cable. Was just trying to see the basic before u had to spend money.

And thanks for the advice on the dimming. I know if I go anything below 50%, my lights don't even turn on

cgrizzle3

cgrizzle3

TC
what are the cords that come with trolmaster? I cannot get my growers choice to act correctly. i have a f adapter and tried plugging one in with it on led setting and it wont do what its supposed to. when i have the light turned off its still on and flickering. What do you think the issue could be?

Anthem

Anthem

what are the cords that come with trolmaster? I cannot get my growers choice to act correctly. i have a f adapter and tried plugging one in with it on led setting and it wont do what its supposed to. when i have the light turned off its still on and flickering. What do you think the issue could be?
What brand and model of lights are you using?

Pondracer

Pondracer

Which lighting control adapter are you using? For my lights I had to use this:

TheConnection

TheConnection

Call growers choice. They need to be rj12 cables or it won’t read properly . They had to send me an RMA for new lights as my 680’s hold a charge after turning off from controller . And keep leds on . The dial is turned to off on one of my lights and it’s still on as well after controller ext time turns everyone else off . Idk brother …..

Latest posts

Top Bottom