Anyone own a Weed Star bong?

• Thread starter taintshredder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

koopa troopa

i ordered the weedstar mad professor bong with diffusing ashcatcher attachment. they sent me the weedstar slick rick ice on accident and let me keep it. now i have two bongs for $120. shipping to the U.S. was around $30. the mad professor setup i run has 3 different methods of filtration. super smooth hit, but since there are more holes to draw through, it does take some lung power and a slow steady hit. i noticed the percolator and chamber it is in gets dirty the fastest. lemme see if i can take some pics.

T

taintshredder

looked into getting one myself, and it seems the consensus is, that they are decent, unless they have a perc, been told the slits in the percs are too small causing you to have to suck really hard

Really? That's good to know! Thanks for the heads up.
I wish I could try before I buy. :animbong:
Thanks for the heads up.

K

koopa troopa

ya the perc holes are small, but they help with the smoothness. you need to fill the water level right or it will deflate your lungs.

T

taintshredder

i ordered the weedstar mad professor bong with diffusing ashcatcher attachment. they sent me the weedstar slick rick ice on accident and let me keep it. now i have two bongs for $120. shipping to the U.S. was around $30. the mad professor setup i run has 3 different methods of filtration. super smooth hit, but since there are more holes to draw through, it does take some lung power and a slow steady hit. i noticed the percolator and chamber it is in gets dirty the fastest. lemme see if i can take some pics.

That's awesome. Nothing beats a free bong. ;)
Is there an easy way to clean the perc chamber or do you just soak in salt and iso alcohol and call it a day?
Thanks again for the info. I'm glad to hear some positive reviews.

S

Stargazer

I just got one...

I just picked up this exact bong a couple weeks ago.

Its pretty solid, and has survived a clumsy girlfriend more than once. It was violently kicked over as well, when it hit the ground, it sounded like a wooden log clunking down.

Some tips: the bowl it comes with REQUIRES an 18.8 glass gauze (screen) to hit out of. Otherwise the hole is too large and you'll suck some major green into your tube.

The downstem is not diffused, lots of junk will get into your tube without an ashcatcher. I picked up an inline ashcatcher from SoulShineFamily glass at etsy d o t c o m. $90; but the quality is unheard of for the price.

The downstem it comes with is too wide to attach a k-clip, you'd need a standard ground 18.8 downstem, not this ornamental thing.

I have real nice glass accessories, but I just don't understand spending $500 on a straight roor w/no add ons. I've hit them on many occasions, and I'll stick w/my value tubes...

edit: try to get the straight tube style. the beaker bottoms that bulge out have been thinned by stretching and break easily. although they fall over less, seeing that super-thin glass after you break one at the bulb was motivation enough for me to avoid them...

T

taintshredder

I just picked up this exact bong a couple weeks ago.

Its pretty solid, and has survived a clumsy girlfriend more than once. It was violently kicked over as well, when it hit the ground, it sounded like a wooden log clunking down.

Some tips: the bowl it comes with REQUIRES an 18.8 glass gauze (screen) to hit out of. Otherwise the hole is too large and you'll suck some major green into your tube.

The downstem is not diffused, lots of junk will get into your tube without an ashcatcher. I picked up an inline ashcatcher from SoulShineFamily glass at etsy d o t c o m. $90; but the quality is unheard of for the price.

The downstem it comes with is too wide to attach a k-clip, you'd need a standard ground 18.8 downstem, not this ornamental thing.

I have real nice glass accessories, but I just don't understand spending $500 on a straight roor w/no add ons. I've hit them on many occasions, and I'll stick w/my value tubes...

edit: try to get the straight tube style. the beaker bottoms that bulge out have been thinned by stretching and break easily. although they fall over less, seeing that super-thin glass after you break one at the bulb was motivation enough for me to avoid them...

You have this one?: http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/WS_Series_Puncher_5mm__Colour_Perc.cfm?iProductID=6500
That's the one I'm leaning towards. Once I have a couple extra bucks lying around I think I'll grab it. :fighting0040:

L

livinglegend

Yeah! That was the first one I was interested in, but their out of stock. That thing looks sick for a $150 bong.

yeah hopefully she will be bak in stock. im waiting for it. the price is right. im tired of spending mass amounts on my pieces. i used to have a friend who owned a headshop for christs sake, free glass! now im spending 3-4-5 bills on bongs?!! wtf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom