anyone planting by the moon phase?

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cruzin

cruzin

ANyone using moon phases for your garden grow this year, if so whats your plans? I see may 25th is waxing moon all the way up to full moon on June 5th. Have any experiences using moon phases please share them. I harvested some of mine last fall by moon phase but now I cant remember what it was I followed.

growsince79

growsince79

I used to plant when the moon was waxing in a earth sign, water when the moon was in a water sign, prune when the moon was in an air sign, and harvest when the moon was in a fire sign. I don't do that anymore. I pretty sure it's all bullshit.

cruzin

cruzin

Not much difference you think? I may try it cause it will fit in with my time frame.

growsince79

growsince79

Not sure about the moon phases, but there's plenty that want to harvest by 4/20!
I harvested my purple chem last 420. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a nine last year. I still have an eighth I'm saving till 4/20/20. I'm wondering how much flavor and potency is lost in one year. I'll do the same in 2021 and 2022. Sample is in a tiny jar in the dark.

Madbud

Madbud

The theory is plants grow better roots before the full moon and better leaves after. Farmers plant carrots onions potatoes before, corn lettuce after.

cruzin

cruzin

in 9 days the moon will be waxing the 22nd. Be a good day to plant, way too wet this weekend.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I did not get an almanac this year but my calendar says the 9th thru the 16th are good days.

Top Bottom