• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Not sure what this is does anyone know?
Anyone recognise this on stems

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Can you give us a hint as to what you see here that is of concern? Red petioles?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I read somethin a while back about cannabis stems and stalks turning purple/reddish to reflect the light it doesn't need on those areas. Not saying that's it and you have no deficiency but I thought it was worth a thought, maybe some further research

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Red petioles (leaf stems) are nothing to get upset about. Red/purple stems and stalks, on the other hand, can be a sign of P deficiency.

There are some strains, with Blueberry in their background, that have blue/purple stems no matter what, but it usually seems to be a P deficiency.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

LEDs convert lots of sugars but also causes translation problems. I'm no scientist but it's obvious.

Practically every led grow I've seen, you can spot nitrogen puddles sitting mid leaf. That's related to calcium flow. The sugars are transported with phosphorus and magnesium.

Anyone who wants to argue its not sugars that make plants purple, show me your phloem! It's a specific sugar (and probably aminos) that's abundant in purps.

Last edited:
Homegrownplease

Homegrownplease

Cheers for u guys getting back to me thereā€™s so much to learn šŸ¤¬

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Purple leaf stems are normal for many strains. I actually like seeing purple stripes usually it results in plants that color up nicely during cold weather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom