Anyone recomend some good security products?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

Hi all I am currently looking into securing my grow more and have come across tons of video survalance products, motion sensors, etc. Since I am not familiar with these kinds of products I was wondering if anyone could recomend some good quality ones or at least a place that has good quality ones.

I am looking for motion sensors that are REALLY loud

Good video survailance equipment that will last and isnt real obvious looking

somethin that will alert me via txt email wat ever when an alarm goes off or something is open.

Im also looking into things like this
http://www.securitysolutionsworld.com/store.php?crn=230
the interceptor looks like it would fuck someone up

I would like be able to install these all myself and have them last a long time without probelms. It would be great to hear what others are using, thanks all all help is greatly appreciated!!!

R

RMCG

Here are some physical security products:

I run several different cameras, makes and models. indoor and outdoor and played with a lot of surveillance software.

I can help answer a few of the questions regarding them, but time limited right now.

The thread above should get you started thinking though.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

burglar bomb... fuck yeah!
I wonder if it would jack the taste of the herb though :wondering

K

kushtrees

cool thnx rmcg ill look through that

i run sealed rooms so no pepper spray inside the grden haha... i assume it would mess with the taste if it came in contact though

T

TreFarmer

7079232363 Security Store Inc. In Humboldt they have geat products. Their motion sensor system has walkietalkies to alert you with mulpitle zones.

R

RMCG

burglar bomb... fuck yeah!
I wonder if it would jack the taste of the herb though :wondering

After losing a drying crop and having another chopped, I personally wouldn't care. I would rather toss it then 'give' it to some douche thief.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

It  s a pipe bomb by beedle the bard

hhahaha

just kidding :)

R

RMCG

Cameras - I have 8 different Foscam and TrendNet cameras. They are cheap ~$100 ea, but do a decent job. I bought the large outdoor Foscams with 12mm lenses, then switched them out for 4mm lenses. I had to hack them a little by putting foam/wax paper around the IR ring to limit the halo effect of IR of having a shorter lenses installed, but now have great clarity with a WIDE FOV for about 40ft.

The internal Foscams have less IR (8 LED's), but enough to see in a dark room, up to ~10ft. They also have audio to 'listen' in.

The Trendnet units cover large internal rooms and have great clarity, but mine don't have IR. I added motion sensing units to flip on multiple light sources in those rooms.

Understand 'depth of field' from the lenses and the area you are trying to cover.

While the cameras all have wireless capabilities, some 'internal' cams are wired due to not being able to do WPA2 security reliably. They are wired into an access point that is in 'bridge' mode. Do not use WEP and point a camera at your grow.

I started with ZoneMinder camera software, but switched to BlueIris for cam control and recording. Its cheap (~$50) has some decent features, but there are some shortcomings. Motion sensing is a bit 'tricky' but email, SMS alerts work well from it.

I have a Tomato Router running OpenVPN at my location with another at my house. All traffic from that location is routed to my internet connection at home. I can address, monitor, view my cameras from my laptop at home, or I can VPN into my house and view remotely that way. If you have a hackable phone, (android for me), you can run an OpenVPN client on that and run IP Cam Viewer on it to get decent realtime video from your mobile as well.

K

kushtrees

thanks again RMCG thats given me a great place to start looking!

jyip

jyip

I am looking for motion sensors that are REALLY loud

i recomend the ithaca deerslayer 12 gauge, 3 inch chambered with 00 buckshot,,,this may b more than you are looking for

R

R1V3RR4T

I just bought a "murs alert" with 4 motion dectors. Just a bisic motion dedtector that sends warning signal to a reciever at your house. Good for a few kilometers of tramsnision they reckon. I'll let you know how they go. One for the gate and others at gardens.

RiverRat

Top Bottom