Anyone Remember Mighty Mite?

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Any of you folks remember Mighty Mite? A friend of mines father gifted me a couple ounces of seeded Mighty Mite from a seed crop he did a couple years back. Looks to be a few hundred seeds in the bag. And the smell is unmistakeable... Brings me back to the 90's. Great little outdoor plant for Canada that finishes early with one huge main cola.

I'm thinking of using it to make some crosses this summer.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Any of you folks remember Mighty Mite? A friend of mines father gifted me a couple ounces of seeded Mighty Mite from a seed crop he did a couple years back. Looks to be a few hundred seeds in the bag. And the smell is unmistakeable... Brings me back to the 90's. Great little outdoor plant for Canada that finishes early with one huge main cola.

Man that an oldie! Dude cross it with any blue (berry) it’s makes massive colas. Scrog the heck out to get multitop colas going

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Nice, I've got males and females of blueberry growing right now. I will certainly do that. Which would you choose for the Mom?
The blue berry female, male donor, mighty mite; Retains the major aspects of blue but puts the faster cycle and colas of the male, hints of the blue shine
Opportunity to do both sides of lineage if u can and then seed both with saved pollen next go based on outcome to set the genetic traits you like better, gets u to a s2. And then you can further refine if needed, before you feminize them to perpetuate.
I do prefer seeds as I’ve found the yields and quality to be higher

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The blue berry female, male donor, mighty mite; Retains the major aspects of blue but puts the faster cycle and colas of the male, hints of the blue shine
Opportunity to do both sides of lineage if u can and then seed both with saved pollen next go based on outcome to set the genetic traits you like better, gets u to a s2. And then you can further refine if needed, before you feminize them to perpetuate.
I do prefer seeds as I’ve found the yields and quality to be higher

Awesome, thank you for the tips. I agree about growing from seed, if you can find decent genetics. I've had hit or miss luck the few times I've grown seed and I have access to dozens of strains in clone form, so ive almost exclusively grown from cuts over the years. It's not hard to find good genetics in clone form in the gulf islands of BC.

This summer though my goal is to breed quite a bit and start building my own seed bank and breeding program. I've got my hands on some very good genetics to play with at this point, and now with this Mighty Mite I'm hoping to create outdoor hybrids That will finish a bit quicker outdoors as that's a big issue in Canada.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Awesome, thank you for the tips. I agree about growing from seed, if you can find decent genetics. I've had hit or miss luck the few times I've grown seed and I have access to dozens of strains in clone form, so ive almost exclusively grown from cuts over the years. It's not hard to find good genetics in clone form in the gulf islands of BC.

This summer though my goal is to breed quite a bit and start building my own seed bank and breeding program. I've got my hands on some very good genetics to play with at this point, and now with this Mighty Mite I'm hoping to create outdoor hybrids That will finish a bit quicker outdoors as that's a big issue in Canada.
Nice! I’m looking forward to your journey brother! And yes we all should have a seed bank to fall back on

Erick31876

Erick31876

I personally have never heard of it , but it sounds interesting. Good luck with the breeding. Very interested to see how things work out.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I personally have never heard of it , but it sounds interesting. Good luck with the breeding. Very interested to see how things work out.

Mighty Mite was one of the most popular Outdoor sensi crops to come out of British Cloumbia in the early 1980's. It's an Afghani crossed with a himilayan ruderalis but most plants perform as sensitive photoperiod plants. Although some do autoflower.

It grows a really big main top cola that has an almost chocolatey, hashy, sweet flavour that's hard to describe. But very nice for outdoor pot, and grows very well indoors too. Finishes really early, and it is very low maintenance and mildew resistent so it's awesome for guerilla gardening.

Extremely rare and almost impossible to find the original, non hybridized strain these days. I count myself very lucky to have found a guy who has kept it going for the last 30 years.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some phenos are really tasty. I've had a few in the past that were a bit harsh from the ruderalis in it, but this bag smells like pure chocolate and hash. Haven't smoked it as its 2 years old and brittle, and full of seeds.

MBVapester

MBVapester

Man that brings it back for sure. I am sure a couple of friends from home are still growing it outdoors. Remember cleaning garbage bags full of that back in the day. Was the best strain you could grow on the prairies with the short season.

Neo1

Neo1

Did you end up creating any nice crosses of the blueberry and mighty mite ?
Its funny because i did the same thing in 2019.
I used a male mighty mite and crossed it with a couple different blueberry females and then had a bunch of different pheno's that i grew outdoors this year and I saved 3 that i am now mothering. all three finish around end of august early sep. 6-7 foot tall, beautiful thick buds, my #3 is especially blueberry smelling and tasting. all great phenos :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom