anyone running 10 gallons? how dry?

• Thread starter Beasters X Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beasters X Haze

thinking about making the switch to coco because of its drip abilities, currently doing 2-3 per 1k in 10 gallon rockwool croutons.. they pots dont dry out enough for a drip/top feed..I would really like to feed a few times a day

Was wondering for those that use 10 gallon coco, how often does the pot dry out and how much coco/ perlite are you using.. hoping to get a nice drip recipe going for 10 gallons so they wont get all overwatered like in the rockwool.. anybody? thanks

E

Empire

a constant drip wouldnt be good for coco.. at least not for yieldin with coco.

coco benefits from wet/dry cycles more then any medium in the world. flooding the coco once every 3-4 days until 30-50% runoff would be a good start.. but thats only if the plant u put in the 10 gal already has a significant root system.

but it totally depends on room to room, strain to strain on how much you will be feeding. but u definitely need to let them dry out real nice like before u water.. and when you water with coco, water reallllllly heavily. i pour water into a pot until it comes out the bottom, then i continue watering that pot for 20 more seconds after runoff comes out.. so its a mini flush with every watering.

mango420

mango420

Top feed drip is what im running and it destroys hand fed plants. I feed 8 times a day, maybe a little runoff here and there. I did a side by side of hand fed once a day and top drip 8x a day. After 2 weeks veg the 8x day were twice the size, no comparison. I grow in 10, 18, 20, 27gal containers running 75-90% perlite to coco. Also never let your coco mix dry out, you cant over water, only underwater.
Heres some pics of my veg and flower setup.
Picture 293

Picture 294

Picture 288

Picture 283

S

sfzoo

if you cut w/ perlite, you can water as much as you want.
the more perlite, the more frequent your waterings.

pure coco can't be fed too often as stated above. especially 10g worth.

B

Beasters X Haze

Nice, Mango seems to be doing something like I am trying to do.. something that can dry out quite a bit like the perlite dominant coco mix.. I'm gonna have to give it a try.. thanks

mango420

mango420

np, lemmi know if you want any info on putting a system together.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I been using 25% coco, 75% perlite, Once the roots are established 6 times during lights on.

-lead

Latest posts

Top Bottom