400w MH Veg
600w HPS Bloom
Flora series with calimag
Watertemp - 68*
Ppm - 600
PH - 5.8 - 6.2
X2 Cookies Kush
X2 Green Crack
Added airstones to each bucket, controller and resivoir.
Anyone run into problems with this setup?

Anyone running the waterfarm
SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

Looks like you ditched the big res that sits on top of the smaller feeder with the floater Bobby. I got rid of it too cuz the floater gets clogged, won’t drop water to the feeder which then droughts the plants. I got rid of the floater/bob and the top res works better. I just feed right into the bottom and flush once week. Are you in Cali ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I was def. looking into this setup. I’m trying to lean toward auto feeding in the near future. Following along for this one.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

I have my water farm dialed in man. But if you didn’t get it yet ide like to steer you to a better system. One that I would rather get if I had the chance again. It’s called the under current dwc. It’s way better because the lines are way fatter so never clog. Once you get good your roots will get so phat they clog the lines. Not with undercurrent. And also they come with caps to cover most of the hydroton. Which is crucial cuz that’s where most your algae problems start on the water farm. And also cuz it’s a true recirculating. Not like water farms they recirc like crap. I’ve still customized my water farm to kick ass but fresh out the box it really doesn’t.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

And those cool looking blue lines that come with the water farm are crap. Since they’re transparent light gets Into them and turns into an algae making factory. Cuz the lights shines into the solution almost like a fiber optic effect. I switched all my lines out for black ones way better.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

Once dialed in like really dialed in I’m talking temps, humidity, timers are on point etc. you can just do your flushes once a week. And your pruning and that’s it. But at least once a week you’ll go in your room. I’m dialed in but still check on them once per day. With co2 it really grows fast and needs constant defoliating like every day ! Co2 really speeds shit up with hydro too

H8tred420

H8tred420

Already looking for a 100' roll of black 1/2" poly line so I can replace every run. Making caps for tops of buckets w black coraplast. I'd build a system but I scored the 8 pack brand new for $200.00. Please explain the circulating upgrading kit...or does the 8pack come stock? Nutrient program you used? TIA

H8tred420

H8tred420

Once dialed in like really dialed in I’m talking temps, humidity, timers are on point etc. you can just do your flushes once a week. And your pruning and that’s it. But at least once a week you’ll go in your room. I’m dialed in but still check on them once per day. With co2 it really grows fast and needs constant defoliating like every day ! Co2 really speeds shit up with hydro too
Did you use recirculating kit and how many buckets did you run? Does 8 pack come stock with kit or is it an add on?

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

The recirculating kit is an add on and it’s also kind of scammy. It recirculates hecka slow and those tiny lines the water farm comes with don’t help. What I did was not circulate at all since I flush once per week. The plants drink up like 80 percent of the water. I then flush the remaining 20 percent and refill to the brim after. So really the circulating thing is not needed. What is needed is the big air stones cylinders. In every bucket including res. And the water farm works pretty good just like that. I also scrapped the top feeder cuz the float gets jammed and doesn’t drip water to the bottom res like it should.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

I believe the under current is a superior system. Uses black lines not see thru ones. And the lines are super fatty making flushing fast and circulates wayyyy better. Also comes with lid caps on the buckets to cover the growing media from unwanted light penetration.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

You can stick 8 buckets per res quite perfectly. The top feeder is way bigger than the bottom feeder. So make the top feeder your bottom feeder. And scrap the smaller bottom feeder.

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

And remember how I said just go in once a week. Forget that. Go in every day to check for problems. , flooding , too close to light. Bending scrogging fimming. Defoliating. etc etc. check your temps. Humidity. Gotta go in every day or at least have cameras and Bluetooth stuff that sends info to your phone cuz your while crop can go to waste if not fixing stuff immediately

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

And spray once per week with Neem and insecticidal soap shake vigorously with warm water to mix the soap with oil and spray away. Get a big sprayer with pump not hand help crap sprayer

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

One more thing. See how you have that line that loops back around back into your res. Eliminate that line. All it does is empty out your other buckets once a clog happens. Cuz it moves water like a few bubbles at a time. Comes back to your res but empties your other ones if there’s a clog. It’s really not needed to circulate cuz your flushing once a week and your plants are drinking it up fast anyways I’ve been running like this and while system works way better. Plants are fricken monsters hard to control !

H8tred420

H8tred420

This might be made for people that live in hot climates and have water temp problems. No pumps to heat the res. Keeping the loop setup...just cutting it down to the shortest run possible. If I remove the line that leaves no circulation and a whole in both buckets....

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

The recirc kit for the hydro farm uses a regular air pump outside the buckets like your air line one. So doesn’t add heat to the water. But it really isn’t worth it cuz it moves the water barely more than the one that already comes with it. (The pump that goes into your main feeder res).

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

Honestly doesn’t have to be a short run you can have 8 buckets off one res side by side. All you need to add is a T so that two lines come out of your feeder res. And just line up 8 buckets on ea side. That’s if you have enough room. I’ve been using water farm for years but do your thing and experiment

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Here's my last two WFs.. It was winter so i didn't have to worry about water temps.. They were slightly modified to allow the dripring to circulate water from a remote reservoir at the rate of 5-6 gal an hour.. Each WF used moves water from the reservoir at that rate..

This thread shows how water is removed from a reservoir using a standing water column... Will be restarting this thread soon with clones..

Top Bottom