Anyone think of this

• Thread starter joeca1i
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joeca1i

joeca1i

What would happen if 2 or more male pollen, from different strains were combined,then used to pollinate a female?Would you get 2 separate hybrids,or 1 combined hybrid from the males used?So basically what I'm thinking is,Can male pollen from 2 or more strains enfuse it self and become 1? :mysterymachine:

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

What would happen if 2 or more male pollen, from different strains were combined,then used to pollinate a female?Would you get 2 separate hybrids,or 1 combined hybrid from the males used?So basically what I'm thinking is,Can male pollen from 2 or more strains enfuse it self and become 1? :mysterymachine:

Using the pollen from many different males on a single female is referred to as 'cubing'.

Each tiny bit of pollen is genetically distinct. Think of it like this: If three men all had unprotected sex with a woman at the same time and that woman became pregnant the future baby would belong to only one of the men, it wouldn't be an amalgamation of all three guys. Same principle with dioecious plants.

Top Bottom