Anyone Transplant Soil To Hydro?

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

wanting to veg in soil then transplant to dwc. Has anyone had luck doing this?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You would have to wash all the soil from around your root ball and that would be diffficult and if any were left on it would contaminate the water in the system.i wouldn't advise it.
What's your reasoning for wanting to do That?it's usually the other way round people are trying to do.veg in hydro and flower in soil.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

You would have to wash all the soil from around your root ball and that would be diffficult and if any were left on it would contaminate the water in the system.i wouldn't advise it.
What's your reasoning for wanting to do That?it's usually the other way round people are trying to do.veg in hydro and flower in soil.
Reason is so I don’t have to do another hydro setup for veg.

dextr0

dextr0

Make a mother plant then clone a bunch of branches to use.

Mother plant is in constant veg... clones are always going down and flowering room is constantly pumping.
Get the timing down and you’ll be perpetual grow.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Make a mother plant then clone a bunch of branches to use.

Mother plant is in constant veg... clones are always going down and flowering room is constantly pumping.
Get the timing down and you’ll be perpetual grow.
Couldn’t I keep a mother in Miracle-Gro slow release fert since it’s only veg.

dextr0

dextr0

I wouldn’t use MG. You can look up some good soil mixes here...I haven’t looked at any new stuff but I know the old heads got down on some useful info here on the farm. Check out that search button.

Here’s an example of what I mean. GK laid down what he does step for step for me along time ago. He did exactly what I’m explaining on keeping mother plant in soil and working cuttings.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/__ingredi-labratorium-hemporium__.30140/

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It works but usually the plant will kind of stall for a week or so while it shifts. You have to remember DWC plants put out a different type of root and root structure then soil plants. All and all you can do it, but like others have said, don't suggest it unless you really need to for some reason.

Unit541

Unit541

Bad idea, more work and stress on the plant than its worth. You'll be flowering sooner with a healthier plant if you just take a clone or two from the plant and run the clone(s) in hydro.

Also, just an observation here... if you're asking this type of question, you may want to consider something other than DWC, which is more of a novelty method in my opinion. To each their own though, so spray off those roots and go to town. No better way to learn than to do.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have done it. Was a PITA. But doable. Plants stalled out for about 10 days. Brought them to harvest tho. Be sure when rinsing the soil from your root zone to not damage the rootball too much. And as other mentioned be sure to get as much of the soil off so you don't contaminate your rez. If you want wait a days or two after the transplant and then do a rez change to keep any possible issues to a minimum.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I have done it. Was a PITA. But doable. Plants stalled out for about 10 days. Brought them to harvest tho. Be sure when rinsing the soil from your root zone to not damage the rootball too much. And as other mentioned be sure to get as much of the soil off so you don't contaminate your rez. If you want wait a days or two after the transplant and then do a rez change to keep any possible issues to a minimum.
Thinking maybe use my old grow box for cloning then do a small tent with one tote for veg then move to the flower room that I’ve been using for veg/flower.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I don’t have a lot of room so trying get the veg part done while I’m flowering but without having big dwc set up like I have for flower.

Top Bottom