Anyone tried PureCoco?

• Thread starter mango420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mango420

mango420

Just got a few bags of this coco. Its called PureCoco. Its a pretty new product I believe, the shops just started getting it recently. Upon first looking at the medium in the light side by side with Canna coco that I use, I can tell right away there are more fibers in there, lots more. Its still really fine like canna but with lots more fibers, and feels a bit lighter too. After transplanting some plants into the coco i also noticed it absorbed the feed alot quicker than canna, which means more drainage, so possibly more airation to the root zone? Plants look amazing after transplant too, not that they didnt in canna, they just didnt seem to miss a beat at all and have dried out slightly faster than in canna. Only been using it for a week but I will keep updates on how there doing verses the canna. Anybody else used the stuff?

mango420

mango420

Heres some pics of the coco and the 2 plants just put into it. As well as a side by side with the canna coco.They were transplanted from 2 litre to 5 gallon pots. So anybody heard of this stuff or what?

Picture 211

Picture 214

Picture 209

Picture 210

Picture 216

Picture 217

D

Donkdbz

Shit looks good to me. Imo if you rinse your coco good with some 1/4 strength nutes they are all about the same.

The ones that seem to be a lil to fine just had some perlite too

R

Rasta Man

should you rinse your coco with nutes before you use it ?

mango420

mango420

Ive never heard of anybody rinsing canna or any other refined coco product. The only kind that needs rinsing is the compressed blocks as far as I know.

S

Snow Crash

Ive never heard of anybody rinsing canna or any other refined coco product. The only kind that needs rinsing is the compressed blocks as far as I know.

False.

Canna Coco comes "pre-charged." Their concept of a healthy pre-charge is best understood by watching the runoff. One gallon of runoff from a three gallon planter of coco will carry a minimum runoff of 2.2ec. This means that the ec of the media is likely much higher than what washed out.

Now ask yourself. Does your brand new seedling required a ~3.0 to 4.0ec in the media?

Thanks Canna...

Of all the brands of coco I find I have to rinse Canna more than any other. Compressed coco I can use right out of the bag because it's runoff is closer to 0.6ec. I also find Canna Coco to contain more "non-coco" than any other brand. Things like leaves, seeds and nuts, sticks, and even shredded up bits of plastic trash. If it weren't enough to taint the coco with a super high charge and a bunch of other crap, they also stiff you on about 10L of coco in their "50L" size bags.

IMO, there are few outright falsities going around right now. One of them being that Canna Coco is the highest quality. If you asked me, I'd say Canna Coco is among the lowest quality coco on the market with the compressed stuff being cleaner, dependable, and what I consider to be a better mixture of coir to fiber.

So now you have heard of someone who absolutely rinses his Canna Coco.

Not all mixes will be the same, you cannot depend on any kind of uniformity in the Coco industry brand to brand. Always, ALWAYS, get at least 1 gallon of runoff from your planter before putting your seed in there and verify the level. Don't just assume your coco is clean, because it very well might not be.

alstotter

alstotter

False.

Canna Coco comes "pre-charged." Their concept of a healthy pre-charge is best understood by watching the runoff. One gallon of runoff from a three gallon planter of coco will carry a minimum runoff of 2.2ec. This means that the ec of the media is likely much higher than what washed out.

Now ask yourself. Does your brand new seedling required a ~3.0 to 4.0ec in the media?

Thanks Canna...

Of all the brands of coco I find I have to rinse Canna more than any other. Compressed coco I can use right out of the bag because it's runoff is closer to 0.6ec. I also find Canna Coco to contain more "non-coco" than any other brand. Things like leaves, seeds and nuts, sticks, and even shredded up bits of plastic trash. If it weren't enough to taint the coco with a super high charge and a bunch of other crap, they also stiff you on about 10L of coco in their "50L" size bags.

IMO, there are few outright falsities going around right now. One of them being that Canna Coco is the highest quality. If you asked me, I'd say Canna Coco is among the lowest quality coco on the market with the compressed stuff being cleaner, dependable, and what I consider to be a better mixture of coir to fiber.

Not all mixes will be the same, you cannot depend on any kind of uniformity in the Coco industry brand to brand. Always, ALWAYS, get at least 1 gallon of runoff from your planter before putting your seed in there and verify the level. Don't just assume your coco is clean, because it very well might not be.

Hahahah ! I thought I was the only one! I was thinking in my head THIS VeRY LAST RUN, why are there so many ROCKS in this stuff? Compared to the last time it was seemingly "ROOTY" haha

mango420

mango420

False.

Thanks Canna...

So after reading this I was curious to see what the ppm of my canna was right out of the bag. So I filled up a 3 gallon pot and ran plain water through, which for me is about 50ppm. I collected the run off and tested it, it was about 200 ppm. So thats about 150 ppm from the medium, which is nothing. I am in no way defending canna, obviously other people have had problems with it. I have not and dont know anyone personally who has.

true grit

true grit

False.

Thanks Canna...

I think again its a question of semantics and over thinking it.... I never rinse any coco I buy, i put seedlings/cuts/ bla bla straight into uncut staight coco and have NEVER had a problem (especially using Canna)...and willing to bet i put this to the test more than most. I also feed half strength nutes the first watering as well as Bayer at most transplants (which is supposed to cause light sensitivity).

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I use Canna or Royal Gold, or B'Cuzz, any of them, right out of the bag, and my rooms rock. Not sure what's up with Snow Crash's Canna experiences, but I have some threads around here, and they all had healthy bountiful harvests, and never any nute burn on the babies. That's the whole point of paying 18 or 20 bucks a bag.... no rinsing required... if it isn't better, then everyone would just buy the cheapo compressed stuff...... and EVERYONE can't be wrong, can they? Not usuallly....

Top Bottom