Anyone Tried Xtreme Gardening - Mykos & Azoz?

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

It's microbe innoculants. A lot of gardeners use some version of microbes. Mykos is mycorrhizae and azos is nitrogen fixing bacteria i believe. Both are among the common microbes used. Mycorrhizae is very popular and common and azos is in almost all the bacteria blends.

They work great. Just make sure you're not already using some of them as a lot of mediums come with them nowadays. I like to put both of those directly on the roots while transplanting. I also like other microbe products more like og biowar. Use your samples though, no risk really either, if you use too much azos you could cause a little problem but it's unlikely.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Yes, I use similar products like biosis and voodoo juice so I'll probably cover the roots when I put into 20 litre flowering pots. May use some Mykos in a tea like I add my biosis.

Cheers pal !!

bullfrog

bullfrog

Just curious; You can mix it with the soil? And can you cover the root and mix the soil? Or would that be too much?

scubascrog

scubascrog

The mycos shouldn’t be mixed with the soil but you can mix azos in. That’s what I do. You want the mycos to come into direct contact with the roots. Azozs is not as important to have root contact but some like to as well.
elaborate on how putting mychorrizae in soil is bad?

scubascrog

scubascrog

im pretty sure mychorrizae is a fungal network that grows WITH the roots so having it in the soil would only help. even if you top dress if finds it s way down to the bottom. I found mixing it in before planting works GREAT. I threw a bunch in when transplanting and it made my roots really happy.

scubascrog

scubascrog

lol it even says ON THEIR WEBSITE to transplant with MYKOS and supplement AZOS. sorry @JWM2 you are just plain wrong.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
School let out early today I see. Not sure how you got unignored, but i'll go ahead and re-enable it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Btw what I meant to say was that mixing mycos into the soil is a waste. Of course it can be used with soil, it's just it's meant to be in direct contact with the roots and mixing it into the soil won't do much good. Azos however can be mixed in just fine. But both can be used in soil it's just you won't get as much benefit from the Mycos if it's not in direct contact with the roots themselves.

Top Bottom