Anyone try eco growing systems?

• Thread starter swisscheese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

Title says it all has anyone tried the sub irrigation kits from www.ecogrowingsystems.com kind of reminds me of a hempy with the passive reservoir. They say it works best with a well aerated coco mix was thinking chow mix if I were to try a 12 pack out and it would make life a little more free to do other things.

S

StonerB

A while back Hydrofarm sent these out as samples to hydro stores. The box I got was missing half the parts and the ones that were there were VERY thin and cheaply made with plastic vapors that got us high just opening the box. The concept is good and I bet it would work well but I would suggest to build your own from home depot or a hydro store with quality parts. Im not trying to bash the company, I think its a good plan and they may have changed the design or type of plastic since the prototypes I saw so if your interested find one at a hydro store and check it out first but I would suggest to not simply order them. Hydrofarm isnt shy about giving demos and samples they expect to be shown in stores to boost sales. When we requested the other parts so we could really try it out they were "backordered" for months and months untill we gave up and threw it away. I think they knew from the first shipment these are simply not gonna sell. I cant imagine what a whole pallet of these smelled like in the warehouse, which is probally why they gave them away.

S

swisscheese

Anyone else? StonerB thanks for your feedback I was afraid I would have to make my own as usual the store bought kind never is beefy enough. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts on the system, I'm seriously considering converting over to this style for ease of growth even looks easier than coco beds imo.

B

bckwht

I feel like sitting a bucket inside another bucket would achieve similar results..just cut holes in the bottom of the top bucket then put a plastic tube down through the media and bottom of bucket. Maybe I'm missing something but did people use to call these krusty buckets?

S

swisscheese

I was thinking it was a krusty bucket too but didn''t want to be the guy to say it as I have never seen one only read about them on forums. I think the bucket in a bucket may do the same thing with a pvc pipe stuffed down into the bottom bucket I believe.

Top Bottom