Anyone Try Pickle Pipes For Curing?

• Thread starter Kalikush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kalikush

Kalikush

From what I've read about drying and curing, you want to put dry buds (after the stem snaps) into mason jars to cure. These jars need to be burped frequently in the beginning and less frequently as time passes and the moisture spreads evenly throughout the buds.

Burping implies that there is a build up within the jar. I'm no expert on the exact science of it all but is this by product from the bacteria within or from the chlorophyll breaking down?

So would these one way valves (will exhaust the jar but won't let oxygen back in) work to burp the jars while you're at work? I'm not sure humidity would build up enough pressure within the jar to burp it but are there enough other processes going on that would create enough pressure to burp the jar and help remove excess moisture?

IMG 1675
Marejuana

Marejuana

From what I've read about drying and curing, you want to put dry buds (after the stem snaps) into mason jars to cure. These jars need to be burped frequently in the beginning and less frequently as time passes and the moisture spreads evenly throughout the buds.

Burping implies that there is a build up within the jar. I'm no expert on the exact science of it all but is this by product from the bacteria within or from the chlorophyll breaking down?

So would these one way valves (will exhaust the jar but won't let oxygen back in) work to burp the jars while you're at work? I'm not sure humidity would build up enough pressure within the jar to burp it but are there enough other processes going on that would create enough pressure to burp the jar and help remove excess moisture?
I'm planning on burping 30 min at a time maybe once or twice a day. Drawing out moisture from the center.

Latest posts

Top Bottom