Anyone use BitTorrent?

• Thread starter HG23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HG23

HG23

Hey all,

I started using bitTorrent a couple weeks ago to watch UFC fights mostly. While I was on there I decided to download Anchorman because its one of the most hilarious movies ever. A couple days later Suddenlink put my internet on restriction saying they received a letter saying I downloaded Anchorman illegally. What gives, any of you had this happen? I know a few other people who Torrent all the time and they haven't had this happen. I think Anchorman is a Paramount flick, should I just try to avoid downloading their movies?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Gotta run peerblock when you are downloading movies bro...

P

pandor

From what little I know, they are trying to make internet service providers responsible for their customer's illegal downloading. I don't think this is a paramount thing. I have gotten threats from my ISP threatening to disconnect me over illegal downloads, but it has not happened yet. If it did, I would just get a new ISP.

F

fasteddy0

Don't use public trackers.
Try to get on the private ones.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
you pirate bayed it didn't you? :shake :shake :shake

Yea The one way around a letter of any sort is get a seedbox. Or a really trusted private site.

But.........getting into private sites isn't just click sign up. A lot you have to be invited to or fill out applications for.

One way around it is certain forums will update when trackers open. Some times its for a day. Sometimes its for an hour. You can get onto private sites that way and work your way up.

Always stay off public sites when it comes to Movies. 2nd letter they cut off your internet.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
BitTorrent is somewhat private, I've been a member for years. Don't think it was them tbh.

Having a peer blocker running is key too.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i got me that demonoid............ and peerblock is the shit, i just get the ocasional warning i have exceeded my 150gb dl limit

bloads

bloads

70,000+ free streaming Movies & TV Shows:

[YOUTUBE]Nlh12SdL8V8[/YOUTUBE]

Don't worry about torrent letters anymore.

Open up the video on youtube and it has the 3 files you need listed under its description.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That leaves your IP sitting on a server. How would you like to get 100 letters instead of 1. Can you stream 1080P stuff without an account? Bittorrent is free. Kind of the whole point. If I was paying I would use net flicks on my PS3.

To tell you the truth peerblock doesn't really work. You can still get letters with peerblock. Just stick to private sites. Or get a seedbox and then you can dl anywhere and it doesn't matter because its not your IP or your comp you are DL'ing to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom