Anyone use calmag when growing in soil?

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Guy in hydro store. I cana did it as I've got a bottle. I'm half way through my first grow in soil. 5 weeks in flower now?.
Usually grow in coco.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Says calcium and mag releases slowly and available to plants for over 9 months

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
some strains love it more than others, maybe try a little dose on one plant

dollardos

dollardos

i would say YES 🙂 and you can make Cal -Mag from CALCIUM NITRATE and MAGNESIUM SULPHATE
roughly 25% Calcium and 15% Nitrogen and MAGNESIUM SULPHATE (Epsom salts or magnesium and sulfur) 10% Magnesium and 13% Sulfur.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Calcium and magnesium are both needed in fairly high amounts from plant. Most soil companies have added lime to bring down the acid of the peat and adding a product meant for hydro can have a negative impact. Not 100% sure what you are trying to do I guess but if you are referring to adding a product like botanicare calmag, there are better ways in soil to get calcium like gypsum (calcium sulfate).

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Calcium and magnesium are both needed in fairly high amounts from plant. Most soil companies have added lime to bring down the acid of the peat and adding a product meant for hydro can have a negative impact. Not 100% sure what you are trying to do I guess but if you are referring to adding a product like botanicare calmag, there are better ways in soil to get calcium like gypsum (calcium sulfate).

I've been told that city water requires cal/mag where well water doesn't. I know not other than what the " grow store guy" told me too. Any comment on that? 🙂

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

t

[/QUOTE
I'm just wondering if I should be adding calmag to my feed .

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Shud I calmag in soil. Is ehat I'm thinking.

quirk

quirk

Auto grower here. My organic granular fertilizer must contain sufficient amounts, in that I've never experienced a deficiency.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There should be enough calcium and mag in potting soil and tap or well water.

If using ro or distilled water it is a good idea to add cal mag as it bufferes the solution. Which helps keep soil ph stable.

4plant

4plant

I've been told that city water requires cal/mag where well water doesn't. I know not other than what the " grow store guy" told me too. Any comment on that? 🙂

well water is usually “hard” which means there’s calcium and magnesium in it allready in a high dose. City water is usually treated with minerals as well including cal and mag. R.O and distilled water def need cal-mag. You can get away without adding cal-mag to city water depending on the ppm that’s been added.

Top Bottom